06 kodiak?

Depends on the state for weight.

My truck is plated in Alaska and they don't have any weight limit/rating on the tags. Same here in Idaho as well.

I was talking to the guy that does CDL licensing here and he said I could bring a duallie pickup and a trailer which had a GCVWR over 26,000 and I could use that instead of an actual tractor trailer. Only thing is wouldn't be able to get air brakes on the license. I drive tractor trailer at work to haul explosives and I just have a class D license... same with school bus.

Any COMBINATION vehicle 26,001+ requires a CDL, whether commercially liscensed or not.
Our 05 Dodge 3500 is rated at 12,200. our GN is rated at 14,000 therefore our GCVWR is 26,200. which as dumb as it seems, the law says a CDL is required to operate.
ALSO, most people don't know that your tow vehicles tags have to be rated to cover both truck and trailer.
I've spent alot of time in the chicken coops and paid alot of fines and almost lost my liscence because of these goofy rules.
Cover your rear.

you can get a CAT in the 650, but I would rather have the Cummins... you can easily get a lot more power out of the Cummins :)

Bentz put an L10 Cummins in an older Kodiak!!!! jake brake and all :cool:

I just saw this.. I went from towing with an 05 dodge 3500 to an 04 kodiak.. The best mileage pulling my big trailer with my dodge was 9.5. The best so far with the kodiak is 11.5.. Now the injectors are bad and it's getting a lot worse.. The good thing is they're under warranty. The ride is horrible to say the least with a kodiak. Power wise, I had a great comparison. I have to climb Mont Eagle in TN when I go to KY. The Dodge would pull it without pushing it at around 50-55 mph. The kodiak had me wondering if I were even going to make it. I was running around 20 mph when I topped the mountain. SUCKED.. I have efi and a good trans, but I pull with it on stock. Anyway.. If comparing stock to stock the only advantage the kodiak has in my eyes is that the chassis and brakes handle the trailer much better. I almost had it run away with me in the dodge, and the kodiak give me peace of mind..

Forest .... you need to put your glasses back on . LOL

The truck kicks azz . You can mod it just the same as 2500HD

The mileage on the norm for me towing big weight is around 10 mpg .

The 4wd comes with 5:13 gears and the 2wd I think is 4:30's .

Yes on what malibu said on doing Deaver front springs and some good shocks .

The 22.5's and 43" tires (12R's ) got me the mileage by getting rpm back down to 1900 at 60 mph .

I was buzzing mine to around 2400 and the mileage was around 8 mpg .

Some like the truck and some dont . I just havnt met the ones that dont yet . Everybody has thier own opinion .

One of the nicest things is its faster than hell empty with a tune .

Rarely do I lose in the 1/8 mile at the drags . Pisses the ricers off to no end .

Some weekend fun at the track . Tell me any other medium duty can do this with just a tuner and a trans and stock turbo .

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/search/kodiak/0/2e523863-a65f-44fc-85d1-993f00dc6149.htm

Then there is the 4wd capabilities . I do the sand dunes in the truck and it goes everywhere . You wouldnt believe it unless you saw it .

203[1].jpg jts2.jpg bigtow.jpg kodiakand red_white.jpg

It tows like mad and stable with big weight . The brakes kick azz .

Johnny

Last edited:
hahahahahahah , thats funny Forrest.

You get any other medium duty out there and we will see what is faster .

Ugly or not , it will outrun any others out there .

Ive driven them all and they are toads in comparison . Good for towing , but slow when not .

The motor is running good purehybrid . Just like it always did .

The build came out sweet .

Johnny

LMFAO

Forrest , when you find a slug that can keep up and do it all , will you post a pic . lol

The purdy F650 , CXT , 4500 Dodges are all slugs .

At least you look good while getting passed by all the kodiaks . Dont take one to the track either . A stock kodiak could hand you your ass in one of those toads .

Glamis Thanks 08 344.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

IMG_7518-vi.jpg

Ugly or not !

Good luck finding anything that can do it all ...... especially the haulin ass part .

Hahahahahaha , Its all good .

I like my U-Haul ...... LMAO

Johnny

Keep the pickup! I know a guy who has a 2500 duramax and a kodiak as well and pulls loaded horse trailers with both and he says the pickup pulls the trailers better than the kodiak. they are both stock.

the kodiak aint a bad truck if you're hauling alot same way with the dodge, its your money do what you want to do. BTW i'd be flattered if i had a sh1t load of people that copied my truck, it shows they know what a nice truck looks like

Back