06 kodiak?

02psd7.3

i am thinking about trading my 07 2500 5.9 cummins 6 speed manual 4x4
mods: bully dog with the cl tune, ts mp-8, intake 5in down pipe to 6 in stacks, south bend 3850 dual disk, 6in lift, 37/12.5/17 and a b&w turn over ball with 27k truck
i tow 14k every other day and still average 600miles out of my 34 gallon tank

i taking the bully dog, mp-8, intake,and the clutch out. was offered $25,000 for the truck like that. they asking $32,995 for the Kodiak with 13k on it

lets describe Kodiak
2006 chevy Kodiak C4500 4x2 with the 6.6 d max and a 6 speed allison auto 4 door with a pick up bed 19.5s goose neck hitch fuel tank in bed plumbed in with elecronic controler. Air ride rear axle, air ride seats.

thoughts for kodiak mods: intake, 8in stacks, chip or 2 (would be nice if the bully dog and mp-8 would work), 22.5s for sure (19.5s just look to small) maybe some lind of lift kit if they make one or make it 4x4.

i guess my questions are

1 will the durmax make up to the same amount of power that my dodge has with the same basic mods?

2 will the allison trans hold all the extra power?

3 what kind of fuel mileage should i expect (still towing a 14k goose neck every other day)

4 does $32,995 sound like a good price

its not this truck but the same options and all that just an 06 not an 08 and its silver

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C...6439QQptZCommercialQ5fTrucks#ebayphotohosting

thanks
tim

to answer a couple of your questions

the kodiak will not get as good of mpg cause its heavier.

dont think the mp-8 will work, maybe the BD if its the triple dog (?)

the allison wont hold two programmers, maybe one if yer towing a lot.

the 06 kodiaks did have the lbz engine, but they called it the lly (?) because it has a lower hp rating than the actual lbz's.

not sure if its a good price, just look at KBB or something.

the only thing you will gain by buying the Kodiak is the potential to haul more.

mp8 and BD wont work

the dmax/alli follow the same roles as the light duty pick ups anything that can go ona 2500/3500 will go ona kodiak.. same with the tranny ~100hp and its gone you are lookign at a truck that weight ~12,000lb empty as well.

i know a couple guys are running SC3/4 and efi/ppe on the said trucks

from what i have read shock and denver spring are the common upgrades to help smooth out the ride.

iirc the said truck you discribe runs close to 60k OTD

How in the heck do you get almost 18mpg towing a 14k trailer?

The kodiak will have a stronger frame, bigger cab, bigger axles, bigger brakes, higher weight rating, etc. Be prepared though that with the higher rating, you mey get into needing a CDL to pull your trailer, if you don't allready.
I wouldn't touch the engine if you don't upgrade the transmission. I'd recommend at least a torque converter and valvebody upgrade if you plan on towing with added power.

no on the CDL unless you are using it for business.
4500 is under 26,000

Any COMBINATION vehicle 26,001+ requires a CDL, whether commercially liscensed or not.
Our 05 Dodge 3500 is rated at 12,200. our GN is rated at 14,000 therefore our GCVWR is 26,200. which as dumb as it seems, the law says a CDL is required to operate.
ALSO, most people don't know that your tow vehicles tags have to be rated to cover both truck and trailer.
I've spent alot of time in the chicken coops and paid alot of fines and almost lost my liscence because of these goofy rules.
Cover your rear.

I would pull the clutch out cause my buddy wants it and would give me $1800 for it.I not sure why I get so good mileage on my truck it must me the crazy larry and the mp-8 stack turned up all the time and the 37s. I talked to bully dog my triple dog will work. I have a class a cdl anyways but I have the combo plate on my truck now I have it at 23,000. I would need a cdl for sure with a kodiak because I believe the truck gvw is 17,200. You need a medical card just to drive the truck. I have taken a few dot classes through the fire department I belong to cause not many people can drive a 43 foot American Lafrance. And the best reason to get the kodiak would be that there isn't very many of them. I have a guy that copied my truck to the t that lives a mile from me. And there is probably 20cummins in my area that are similar.

i heard that the 22.5 dont ride as good as the 19.5 and it most likely wont get 14 mpg it alot heavyer and wont have the power your dodge has insurance will be alot more note more expensive vehicle cost a hell of alot more to own do what you want but i think your going backwards you already have a nice truck and that weight is not really that much if your trucks swats just put airbags on rear end i would say think twice before you buy

sounds good...

the only problem now is that you'd be driving a painfully ugly vehicle

ever look at a dodge? :hehe:

kodiaks are pretty BA if you ask me. the only reason i would see someone getting one over a regular 2500 is just the potential to haul more.

i tow 14k every other day almost and i get really bad axle wrap but airbags ang ladder bars would fix that i tow my trailer everywhere i just cant pull out on steep hills loaded really easy and let me tell you the dual disk does not like to slip at all

maybe i buy a 650 one day i do like my truck i just get board easy thats why i am 23 on my 6th truck

Back