800hp 7.3 turbo'd idi

Almost makes me want to sign up just to beyotch slap somebody, but it really isn't worth the efort because you can't fix stupid LOL

The day an idi makes 800hp i will tuck my junk, become a woman and buy a toyota prius .hahahahahahahaha. I dont care how much turbo or fule you toss at one of those the heads suck the blocks suck the ip sucks hell they whole thing is worthless to try and make big power

Yeah my 92 VE pump 2x4 makes 945.9HP.
Oooops 134.8HP sorry I forgot I put the wrong numbers down :)
Brandon

I'm thinking he'd be lucky to see 300..800 what is he going to run 4 of them at one time? Or is he going to take his best 5 dyno runs and add them together? LOL

There is a guy

Kent from TDS who was building some nasty 400 horse IDI,s he never did get much above that IIRC due to the limits of the pump and turbo systems. 400 isnt out of reach with about 10K in cash in one of those things, But 800 would just be ridiculous..

I used to call my old 93 idi Old faithful, because one it wouldnt start in anything below 50 degrees without being plugged in (yes it had new relays and plugs) and two it didnt make enough power to get out of its own way..

Rick

he said it was a typo and is hoping to make maybe 500. still a stretch in my eyes.
later,
ac

I am afraid some of you will have to eat crow. When I dig up the info and vids. I will post them, but a guy about 10 years ago had a 7.3 idi in a Ford F100 running high 9's and was making over 800hp. BTW I have seen the video and I also know that Hypermax built the motor.:kick::hehe:

I am afraid some of you will have to eat crow. When I dig up the info and vids. I will post them, but a guy about 10 years ago had a 7.3 idi in a Ford F100 running high 9's and was making over 800hp. BTW I have seen the video and I also know that Hypermax built the motor.:kick::hehe:

Did he have the motor in a golf cart?

My buddies 01' Powerstroke with 290K on the clock and 100% stock put down 400. I think the correction factor was set at 2.1 or so.

Oh nevermind, that was the torque.

Oh nevermind, that was what he hopes to put down some day. Typical Ford Guy.

i have to agree with you on this one richard. i have seen the video as well and i think i may still have it saved on my pc as well. not sure if it claimed 800hp but i do know it was running high 9s.

Back