anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

It would be nice to know why some of them work and some don't. Mine smoked pretty bad until I used the 'over sized' injector program. However, the 'free rev' is still there. If I'm in it.......lookout, I can't back down. It's off the truck until there is a REAL fix...if there is one?

about the "free rev" what exactly are you having? my truck does it all the time. but i want to know if my prob is yours.

without the smarty, it wont do it.. weird.

chase n.

Burner said:
It would be nice to know why some of them work and some don't. Mine smoked pretty bad until I used the 'over sized' injector program. However, the 'free rev' is still there. If I'm in it.......lookout, I can't back down. It's off the truck until there is a REAL fix...if there is one?

by "free rev" do you mean throttle sticking/bucking/surging? thats what mine does. bob, i will call you today.
i tried the predator this weekend, it seems smoother as far as driving it going, no throtle sticking issues, all of the tq management remains though, and it felt like the smarty made more power, however i dont know that because it split the boot coming off the turbo in half. i will try again after i get that fixed.

Yes, the throttle seems to have a goal of it's own. In Drive or Neutral, when you mash the 'go-pedal' to the floor and release it...the revs just keep going to redline. That's not so bad but the STAY THERE for a second or two, that's deadly. I'm sure DC has some goofy PCM's or something in these trucks. There is no reason that a Smarty should work on one truck and not the other.

Bob, Please let me know when the fix is out. (BTW, Juice REALLY likes his! LOL)
Thank you.

i asked bob and he said i had a too strong of a tune, psh yeah right, it does it on level 1,2,3,4,5 and thats as high as ive gotten it.

smarty going back to store for 15% restocking fee.

chase n.

Just to let yall know, the throttle will keep rising even when you let off the pedal.. This happens especially when you goose the throttle. This is because we don't have a normal accelerator.. This was the case with the Edge attitude, the Bully Dog Triple Dog, and the Smarty.. It's just the way our throttle reacts when not in gear. The first few times it did it, it scared the shxx out of me.. This happens on my 05, and my 06.. If anyone wants to try it, just put it in neutral, rev to 2,000 and then goose it to the floor and let off.. Even with your foot off the pedal, it will rev high and sometimes stay there for a moment.. It's not the tunes fault.

Last edited:
Morse said:
Just to let yall know, the throttle will keep rising even when you let off the pedal.. This happens especially when you goose the throttle. This is because we don't have a normal accelerator.. This was the case with the Edge attitude, the Bully Dog Triple Dog, and the Smarty.. It's just the way our throttle reacts when not in gear. The first few times it did it, it scared the shxx out of me.. This happens on my 05, and my 06.. If anyone wants to try it, just put it in neutral, rev to 2,000 and then goose it to the floor and let off.. Even with your foot off the pedal, it will rev high and sometimes stay there for a moment.. It's not the tunes fault.

my diablo or PPE wont do it!

BOB ... How new is this new stuff gonna be ... im gonna Download the software tomorrow for the boost fooling and mild TQ MAN .... for the 04-07 trucks ... is this gonna affect me ...???

Also ... my truck stock will "BURP" itself .... always has... if you goose it while in gear (thats the only time it happens with me) or CHOP THE THROTTLE like your trying to get your 5" straight pipe to bark at ricers... my truck will give itself one more bark without me ever touching the Long and Skinny ... its always done that .... :what:

ChaseN said:
i asked bob and he said i had a too strong of a tune, psh yeah right, it does it on level 1,2,3,4,5 and thats as high as ive gotten it.

smarty going back to store for 15% restocking fee.

chase n.
that's not what he meant by too strong of a tune. It's not the level you're on, it's the software itself. Some people want more then what you would like.

DIESEL POWER said:
my diablo or PPE wont do it!

i have owned at least 6 CR dodges since 03 and with or without a chip if you goose the throttle it will hang for a second, also it you rev it in neutral it will hang at 3.5k or more for a couple of seconds, i have driven and chipped over 30 dodge CR's with every chip made and they will all do it

FWIW, my truck "hangs" as you all have described with my current set up wich is a tst/mp8 stack. It also did it when I had nothing more than a quad race box.

i dont mean "hang" i mean stick as in the truck accelerates like the throttle pedal is at 75% until you put the truck into neutral. leave it in gear and it will take you to the speed limiter. bob said that dtt has some fix for it, im calling them today...but imho the "fix" should be sold with the smarty if its that much of a safety issue, and i was informed that im not the only one that has tis problem

Back