anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

ChaseN said:
ooh, and this is on level 5.

i also forgot to menton, at 75mph, crusing i am getting 26.7 mpg where-as before i was getting 17-18 at that speed.

this is running 285's.

chase n.

hmm so does this work as well on a 2nd gen if so im sold on one this week ??????????/

DIESEL POWER said:
i have had the worst expirence with smarty lately.
history:
i ran a diablo off the shelf unit and push my truck to a 11.3, then after being told that the smarty "out power them all" i tryed it and lost big time....... on the track and on the dyno------the best i could do with the smarty was 513hp on fuel( remember i've ran 11.5 on fuel w/ diablo) and the smarty and pressur was 580hp and the best of the day on drugs was only 675hp---so i lost out big time. my track times estimate well over 850hp to the track.

results:

i called bob and told him what had happened and his first responce was " smarty did not do this it was diablo"---then after his story of why smarty is the greatest he offered me a recovery file. i said great send it. so here we are 5 days later and nothing so i call and get hung up on! thats real professionalism Bob, then after countless e-mails and pm's and more phone calls i still dont get thrue---obviously he doesnt want to help a customer. where is all this great customer service you speake of Bob? well i did just get one pm's from Bob telling me he is done helping me. so i am pissed at the fact that i cant get the same as the nextguy and my ecm is fu**** because of smarty! i really hope no one else has gone thru this, although i do know a of quite a few who have been treated in this manner, i just hope for smarty's and Bob's sake it doesent continue.

so after all of this i called diablo and they were more than willing to help, offering a new DL just in case, and before i was of the phone i had what i needed allready sent to me.

i have also had great successwith PPE in the past and dan @ ppe is the coolest guy to have on your side as well.

Bob take a few pointers from PPE and diablo they offer "true" customer service in my book.

HMM, man never saw that comin. :hehe: :eek:wned: :clap:

So Wade, no Smarty backing and no VA backing, looks like Predetor is all ya got. Maby hook up with Banks and get thier Mega Race Programming :hehe: :hehe:

bdp said:
So Wade, no Smarty backing and no VA backing, looks like Predetor is all ya got. Maby hook up with Banks and get thier Mega Race Programming :hehe: :hehe:
what? the VA is still working fine, and we have made alot of progress from the early stages of testing. banks? na i'll leave that one for compy........:hehe: :hehe:

Personally after having my credibilty judged by Marco and Bob, I have to seriously wonder what angle they come from also. For either one of them to judge me the way they have is what has me twisted in a knot to say the least........

Lucky Jeff said:
judging by DIESEL POWER's posts in the past. I could see why people wouldn't want to deal with him.
sure judging by post i might see your point, but anyone here that knows me, knows im totally different in person and on the phone, i just have a lot of fun on the net, sometimes im seroius but not always.

besides that bob and marco have a company policy that has to be upheld---customer service, which i shouldent be excluded from..........

lmills said:
Personally after having my credibilty judged by Marco and Bob, I have to seriously wonder what angle they come from also. For either one of them to judge me the way they have is what has me twisted in a knot to say the least........
just remember no matter how good you are there will always be someone better--------smarty's days are numbered---especially if they continue to treat everyone as if there not important.

they just threw a rock at the wrong Hornets Nest:badidea:

i cant say that i am unhappy with my smarty. i can say that the customer sevice could use some help. I never expected to get cussed at while on the phone for a problem we were having. the problem may have not been a direct result from the smarty, but also could have been, no way to be sure. but thats still not how i expected to get treated. i sell a good bit of smartys and if thats how my customers will be treated if they have an issue with the smaty and call directly i will stop selling them. i do really like the smarty as a product though, it has done very well on my truck. just some of my experiances.

how does that saying go? your product is only as good as your customer service. yeah i think that just about sums it up.

bdp said:

Wade is currently running a 12 gun (2 six gun stack) LOL

DIESEL POWER said:
just remember no matter how good you are there will always be someone better--------smarty's days are numbered---especially if they continue to treat everyone as if there not important.

they just threw a rock at the wrong Hornets Nest:badidea:

I'm gonna say this once.

I'd venture to guess that you got yourself canned from other boards by posing like this. You currently have 2 threads running right now about this same topic. You (NGM) have made your point, so drop it please. You are acting about as professional as a fry cook with no shoes on. You need to straighten up, you are making an impression on folks that you dont want.

Timbeaux38 said:
I'm gonna say this once.

I'd venture to guess that you got yourself canned from other boards by posing like this. You currently have 2 threads running right now about this same topic. You (NGM) have made your point, so drop it please. You are acting about as professional as a fry cook with no shoes on. You need to straighten up, you are making an impression on folks that you dont want.

point taken, im sorry it had to go this far on the net

Last edited by a moderator:
heres what i have, which i took from my post at another board about a DS predator. the only "help" ive gotten was to DL the latest smarty files, which in fact didnt help at all. im not saying the smarty sucks blah blah, but it doesnt help me when its sitting in the package. and DL the latest SW's is much help either, because it still does it, and after i told you that i never heard back again from you, even after attempts to contact you. so bob, i've given you the facts, my throttle still sticks, my truck still surges uncontrollably, and i wont even drive it with the smarty on there because i dont want to crash into another car.

It's pretty amazing what happens with the smarty on all of these different trucks. It's certainly not as easy as a plug and play like the other boxes. Messing with a computer that they try and keep you out of has got to have it's downfalls. I can understand where both sides are coming from. Yea customer service definitely NEEDS to be there. But it's not so easy to fix problems from tons of different customers because of these software difficulties, plus advance all while you're pretty much a one man R&D. There is one way to fix, or atleast help that. But I don't think Marco really wants to go that route.

My Dad is still incredibly happy with his Smarty, but it's an 05 6 speed, which seem to be one of the very least problematic trucks out there as far as software problems. Just plugging it in bumped him from 17 to 21.5 mpg (hand calculated), lowered his EGT's almost 200* empty up a hill, and he loves the added power.

Last edited:
Lucky Jeff said:
It's pretty amazing what happens with the smarty on all of these different trucks. It's certainly not as easy as a plug and play like the other boxes. Messing with a computer that they try and keep you out of has got to have it's downfalls. I can understand where both sides are coming from. Yea customer service definitely NEEDS to be there. But it's not so easy to fix problems from tons of different customers because of these software difficulties, plus advance all while you're pretty much a one man R&D. There is one way to fix, or atleast help that. But I don't think Marco really wants to go that route.

My Dad is still incredibly happy with his Smarty, but it's an 05 6 speed, which seem to be one of the very least problematic trucks out there as far as software problems. Just plugging it in bumped him from 17 to 21.5 mpg (hand calculated), lowered his EGT's almost 200* empty up a hill, and he loves the added power.

Does he have a NV5600 or G56?

I have heard a bunch of good things about the smarty intil now.. Now Im starting to not want to try it anymore.. Is the predator about the only other good hp programmer out there for these trucks? Or are there any others that make a lot of hp like these?

6cummins said:
I have heard a bunch of good things about the smarty intil now.. Now Im starting to not want to try it anymore.. Is the predator about the only other good hp programmer out there for these trucks? Or are there any others that make a lot of hp like these?
i've made good power with just about all of them, it's really all about tuneing. the ones i would stay with would be the PPE and diablosport, they both will make for a very fast truck.

Back