Test drove a 2012 F350 and was absolutely disgusted!

I think that all the big three make a decent truck right now, and to be honest when I went to buy a new truck here just recently it was all about price and interest rate. That being said I didn't go look at the chev/gmc options. Do I think that they ride a bit nicer, yes. But I think that the interior sucks compared to dodge/ford. I have such a bad taste from my 07 that I just don't want to go down that road again. I ended up buying a 12 dodge this time. The interior is beautiful. The ride is good (for a dually) and I really like the body lines of the dodge. I think that Ford kinda ruined the dually with those stupid fenders they put on compared to their older fenders on the 2010 and previous.

I have a 12' F-350 as a company truck. At 50,000 miles it went in for a water pump, picked it up (Warranty) and took it home. Next monring I found a puddle of anti freeze in my driveway, called the dealer and said i'd check it at the end of the day, still leaking (only dripping). Took it in, they diagnosed radiator. Brought it back a couple days later after the radiator arrived when they had a tech that could turn it around in a day, $1,500+ for parts and labor. Now at 55,000 miles the trans is chirping between gears and slipping. It will go back to the shop next week since the power train warranty is up at 60k.

My last company truck was a duramax that I put 290k on and only replaced one front hub and a trans cooler line. Truck was bullet proof. I dont see the ford making it anywhere close to the same mileage.

I'll post back about the trans issue after the dealer drives it.

Back