Let's talk dual exhaust.

If this fargon short bed was longer than 6 foot nuthin'..... :(

I could put my aux diesel tank in there and just run a single like before....but I'd lose the tool box. I don't like the combo box, either side ain't big enough for crap. I had to jack the tool box up to even get it to fit between the front of the box and the fender wells. Why did Crystler let the japs design the bed just long enough for 10 pounds of rice? This is dayum rediculous.

attachment.php

This is happening more and more. My flatbed truck was cut down before I bought it. The ball sits just forward from centerline of axle. They cut nearly 2ft off the bed.

I would think about moving that hitch back IMHO, that's alot of extra weight up from you don't really need.

Jory,

Doesn't B&W make a extended ball? My hitch is mounted almost identical to yours in my mega and can be a pain... I've only had one close call but have to keep it in your mind at all times when towing (ya know, when u flip your mirrors out)...

Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

No. Putting a useful hole(s) in a strategic location(s) is one thing.....cutting another 4" diameter hole in the center of the floor plus the safety chain loops and leaving the originals with no way to plug them is another.

Jory,

Doesn't B&W make a extended ball? My hitch is mounted almost identical to yours in my mega and can be a pain... I've only had one close call but have to keep it in your mind at all times when towing (ya know, when u flip your mirrors out)...

See post #38.

I had to do it on my 08 just use a hole saw to make the new hole the same size as the old one weld er up, order a can of bedliner to touch it up and problem solved with no adapters.

Ya, I've seen those too. Seems like a lot of stress on welds on either adapter.

I had to do it on my 08 just use a hole saw to make the new hole the same size as the old one weld er up, order a can of bedliner to touch it up and problem solved with no adapters.

I haven't looked, but will the overall hitch assembly just slide rearward on the frame? I'll have to look at this tonight. I need dad to repaint my dually fenders anyway. The effin paint won't stay on the plastic. That'd be a good little project for him. LOL

If the corrugations are the same as my '95 I'll cut you a piece out of the bed before I haul it off for scrap.

Ya, I've seen those too. Seems like a lot of stress on welds on either adapter.

I haven't looked, but will the overall hitch assembly just slide rearward on the frame? I'll have to look at this tonight. I need dad to repaint my dually fenders anyway. The effin paint won't stay on the plastic. That'd be a good little project for him. LOL

It did on my Ford with a B&W hitch, but u will also have to do the saftey chain hooks as well.

Hey Jory, wanna put that old tool box/fuel tank back where It came from?

Oh ill personally show up at your house and rip those frenched stacks plum outta that thing! Just FYI lol Jk

I think I'm gettin ready to go back to full 5" out the back. And put the resonator back in.

I'd love to trade you this box and tank for a new, smaller box. However, I have no other way to get fuel to the farm for my tractor.

You took the rsonator out? Loud mofo ain't it? LOL Put that thing back in so your fillings don't fall out of you head.

I'd love to trade you this box and tank for a new, smaller box. However, I have no other way to get fuel to the farm for my tractor.

You took the rsonator out? Loud mofo ain't it? LOL Put that thing back in so your fillings don't fall out of you head.

Damn, thought I was gonna strike a deal! And yea I am weird, I like quiet, then I like loud... And then, I want it back again. Lol

Back