Fuelabs when you just want the best

getting ready for Race season, I will get to it around the summer break No time to play with this now sorry.

I've seen the results , I would not do a test I didn't know the answer to. You can take that for what it worth

Now we know why this test will never happen, results are not in sponsors favor.

no, The Fuelabs pump is dramaticly better , I just don't have the time. I am working on a Several programs , to include a comp program with a 280 inch LS blower motor that needs to be at the track on 60 days . My dragster and 3 Texas mile programs.

no, The Fuelabs pump is dramaticly better , I just don't have the time. I am working on a Several programs , to include a comp program with a 280 inch LS blower motor that needs to be at the track on 60 days . My dragster and 3 Texas mile programs.

Phuk your programs, do the test

LOL, I don't think most of these posts are going to motivate Greg to put his livelihood on the back burner.

If we decide we cant wait for Greg, maybe we can set up our own independent test. I have unique resources to offer along with my own skills and small fab shop. I maintain and operate centrifugal and positive displacement pumps and their associated support systems on a daily basis in a fuel refinery. I can, given enough time, run one of these pumps on a truck that should crank out 900-1000 hp if that is something someone wants to see, with before and after Dyno Results.

First we need to decide exactly what we want to test and what information we ant to gain from that test.

Pumps

All these pumps have been run on many trucks already. Greg is doing what Greg does best, TALK! No action just TALK! I am going on my third year with a Fulab pump on my dragster and have had zero problems. They work as advertised and are very quit. When I don't have to worry about a product that's a winner in my book.

I didn't read all the posts so it may already have been mentioned but, this looks like a glamorized Walbro pump. They are great little pumps but, to have a price tag these pumps do IMO, it should have a lifetime warranty.

Pumps

They are a brushless motor pump. Not the same at all. Walbro makes nice pumps for gassers but if you get there good stuff its high dollar also. Quality does cost but not replacing it every couple of years is nice.

So whats the longevity at xx psi any examples? I have an adII 200 and performance wise it works great does everything i need it to, it just doesnt last. The original i got 8-9k miles at 40-60psi and the second lasted about 3k miles at 40psi.

Longevity is largely dependent on install and how good you are with maintenance (filter changes). We had a pump in here a month or so ago that the owned claimed to have 200k miles on. He sent it in just to be checked out, not because he was having problems. When we took it apart, the wear plates had very little wear and the performance was hardly any different than the test results we had on hand from when that particular pump was new. If you don't follow the instructions (mainly concerning inlet line size) and you don't keep up with filter changes, the life expectancy will be much less. Follow the install directions and there's no reason not to expect long pump life.

The current Velocity manifold systems are low pressure versions. The 200gph can be made to be adjustible with an add-on regulator, but not much above 25psi. It's not going to hurt the pump to try to run it up higher, it just won't be very efficient. The housing/rotor/veins on the pumps we use on the current Velocity systems were designed to be efficient at lower pressures. We have inline pumps that are good for over 100psi, but we are still working on packaging versions of those pumps into a manifold style system like the Velocity 100/200. The high pressure technology is there for us, and has been for some time (we got our start in EFI gas fuel systems years ago)- it's the manifold packaging that we are working on now. The pump itself will be largely unchanged from one of our many gas pumps.

Last edited:
Ok im looking for good flow at 45+ psi what pump part# do you recommend? The filter/pump manifold is a very clean unit however i dont really need it.

Most of the Powerstroke guys use the 41401 inline pump (which is around the pressure range you're looking for). That pump, even on low speed is enough for most of those guys. It will support roughly 1,000hp.

Most of the Powerstroke guys use the 41401 inline pump (which is around the pressure range you're looking for). That pump, even on low speed is enough for most of those guys. It will support roughly 1,000hp.

I appreciate it thanks a lot, ill be ordering one soon.

The 12v is getting closer to the top of our "to-do" list. We have/had a couple of Powerstroke projects as well as a couple of gas projects that we need to finish first. We will have something in the near future though.

For the time being, the 12v guys have been using the same pump (and reg, if you don't already have one) that the high pressure Powerstroke guys are using- the 41401 pump and a 51502 regulator.

Last edited:
Pumps

Just a update on my pump. I thought at the Muncie raced I had a pump go bad(low pressure and it got loud). I called Brian and Josh and they both said I had a restriction on the feed. I thought to myself I use clean jugs and always filter my fuel but anything is possible. I pulled the filter like they told me to do and would you believe it was pack full of what looked like black latex gloves! I cleaned it out and started looking in the cell to see what was going on. The cell was FULL with what also looked like latex gloves(very thin rubber sheets). I literally pulled about a soccer ball sized pile of junk out of the cell. The full cell was coming apart from the inside. New fuel cell installed and ready for NADM race this weekend. You cant beat a quality part and Fuelab is the best!

all i need is something to replace the holley blk im running now

got a pump for my tow pig?

im sticking with the stk filter setup

Back