Fuelabs when you just want the best

The shop that was doing the work to my truck ordered a fuelab velocity pump to do a new setup on my 2003 Dodge diesel. My friend is finishing the build and he got the instructions emailed to him recently. Well he wired up the pump per the instructions and it doesn't run. Sounds like a motor trying to start with a dead battery. (Best way I can describe it) I think they other guy ordered the pump a little over a year ago. How do I find out for sure if my pump is warrantied or not? It is brand new has never been installed on another truck. But due to disagreement with shop I do not have the receipt or box that it came in.

The shop that was doing the work to my truck ordered a fuelab velocity pump to do a new setup on my 2003 Dodge diesel. My friend is finishing the build and he got the instructions emailed to him recently. Well he wired up the pump per the instructions and it doesn't run. Sounds like a motor trying to start with a dead battery. (Best way I can describe it) I think they other guy ordered the pump a little over a year ago. How do I find out for sure if my pump is warrantied or not? It is brand new has never been installed on another truck. But due to disagreement with shop I do not have the receipt or box that it came in.

Call Fuelab.

Is your name or your friend's name Doug? If so, I issued an RMA a day or so ago. We will certainly have a look at the pump- warranty won't be an issue (even if it was a wiring issue that caused the problem). I'll try to get it looked at as soon as possible once we receive it. It's hard to finish a job someone else started- you never know what you're going to get or what was done previously.

I also talked to him about getting power and relay trigger from a difference source than factory. On the trucks that receive pump power from the ECU, there are occasionally problems. You see full voltage at the pump, but it's not enough current to power things correctly. From what I gather, he tried a different power source (straight from the battery, if memory serves) and had the same result. Either way- we'll get it looked at and figured out. It might be a DOA/manufacturing problem (highly doubtful since the pumps are ran through a full test before leaving our facility, previous wiring problem that caused damage, or the current wiring might not be correct (hard to tell how things are set up via email conversations). We'll get you taken care of!

Last edited:
I bought an installed a velocity 200 pump.
Instructions say you may need to put hands
on pump to make sure it is running it is so quite.
My pump is louder then my air dog was. I called
them and let them listen to pump with key on, was
told they didn't know why it was loud, advised
me to change the inline filter. Not all of their pumps
are quite.

Yes it is mounted on frame, I also used a pc of rubber
between mounting bracket and frame. Same setup
I had on air dog.

I was hit by the "lost" waranty card too and AD 2 165 is now dead and even after multiple "waranty claims" where they sent me parts and walked me through the possible issues, once it's more then sending me o-rings, since they don't seem to have a card on file I need to "buy" an new pump and get a new waranty card that way. I'm done with AD and have a Fuelab Velocity 200 arriving on Monday. I would be interested in that test though...

So I am guessing with your absence from this thread Greg that most likely this test is not going to happen o well maybe next.

just been busy getting ready for racing season.

I will just be verifying the results that show what we all know to be true

back to working on a Comp car

getting ready for Race season, I will get to it around the summer break No time to play with this now sorry.

I've seen the results , I would not do a test I didn't know the answer to. You can take that for what it worth

Back