SSR beta testers...lets talk

The only negative I saw so far was that surging but I doubt I've ever hit my chargers with that much fuel all at once. I forgot that when I hit the throttle it downshifted right as I cranked the MP8. I was just on the fine line where sometimes it pulls through the gear and sometimes it downshifts.
Not an SSR issue...just a learning curve on what not to do with a pressure box.

For me, if I run to much timing with high rail pressure I get a surge. Reduce either one, and it goes away. Doesn't take much either.

Paul

Has anyone notices this on a dyno? I doubt it would show up since the drag is less...

The only time I can get it to do it is at the shifts. That would not show up on a dyno. Even at the shifts I have to be really hard on the throttle. I'm guessing that if I'm below say 750-800hp, it wouldn't even show up.

Paul

I saw EGT's up by about 150*
Don't know whether to attribute that to the extra fuel from HL duration or maybe I need to feed it some more HL timing.
Lotsa playing to do yet....

Personally I would not use timing to control the EGT's. Adjust the timing to make hp (ie. add timing until the hp stops increasing and then back it off a little), adjust fuel/add air to reduce EGT's.

Don't forget about the POD settings either...

Paul

I had some time on it last year before the snow hit. I kept things pretty mild and found it to be OK to drive. I had a miss that would not go away until I pulled the SSR out. I changed injectors twice as well as my cleaned my fuel system. In any case I hope this Spring I can get things rolling again.
Sorry I cannot offer more-
I did have my mp8 running and the fact is it does help at any ssr setting. I prefer the dial type control-

I have had a bug in my pod since I adjusted it...it wont run right above 95 percent now. If feels like its trying to dump 2 million hp worth of fuel all at once...

Doesn't matter for now...95 is just fine.

I have not tried to tune out the jump between low and high settings with rail pressure. I ended up raising my LLdur to smooth it some.

I can't wait to just let Marco tune it...

I have had a bug in my pod since I adjusted it...it wont run right above 95 percent now. If feels like its trying to dump 2 million hp worth of fuel all at once...

Doesn't matter for now...95 is just fine.

What were Marcos thoughts on that?

Has not been addressed....that was way back...last summer.

I had to dutune my truck for a little while because the law was catching up with me...so I have pushed the issue for a while.

after reading this you guys are prolly gonna think im stupid but thats ok think what you want...

we maybe could have got a little more but for the most part we werent gaining or loosing much between runs.
after 18 runs on the dyno sat. the highest HP numbers we came up with were from the these settings.

LLT 35
HLT 35
LLRP 40
HLRP 50
LLD 40
HLD 43

after reading this you guys are prolly gonna think im stupid but thats ok think what you want...

we maybe could have got a little more but for the most part we werent gaining or loosing much between runs.
after 18 runs on the dyno sat. the highest HP numbers we came up with were from the these settings.

LLT 35
HLT 35
LLRP 40
HLRP 50
LLD 40
HLD 43

Way more specs / info on said truck will be needed before any name calling starts...

Details son... Details!

Last edited:
05 Dodge
110% over stock injectors
F1-C procharger
GT4294R
70 psi

it ran clean with the procharger and turbo
unhooked procharger and made alot of smoke but still made the higher #'s on the same settings

05 Dodge
110% over stock injectors
F1-C procharger
GT4294R
70 psi

it ran clean with the procharger and turbo
unhooked procharger and made alot of smoke but still made the higher #'s on the same settings

On a side note how'd you like the procharger? Every once and a while I get a burning itch to throw a F3 under a 480.

it def. has its place, bc if i didnt have it, it would be pretty hard to drive on the street esp. if it was cranked up very much.
the curve with the procharger stays just under 750 for several rpms, and im sure u can about guess what the turbo curve looked like

Back