Nitrous....

well, you can see in the videos.... its a little sluggish compared to the 62/65/.80 I had on previously, but once it lights its MUCH better. The biggest difference is the drive pressures. The old 65/.80 was 2:1 most of the time..... this one stays 1:1 til' I reach the very top and then goes up to about 1.2-1.3:1

^^^^

Thats nasty.

Right now I have a ZF5, but will be going to a built 4R100 soon... progressive controller sounds like its worth the money.

Now, I've been reading the benefits and all of the ploys to get you to purchase kits on various manf websites and diesel sites. Some even claim that if you are already clearing smoke.. nitrous will still give you some more.... any truth to that?

EDIT:

I know ultimately the best answer is to jump up my fuel.... I can go from my current 130cc to a 160cc, I just want to wait and see how its going to act in Colorado.
I've never come across nitrous adding smoke because nitrous ends up being extra available oxygen. I used one of the first available NXD5000 Nitrous Express controllers.

He means if you are clearing the smoke, you are using all the fuel he has, but still adding Nitrous will give more power, not smoke.

Fists time I have seen you over here Justin.

Can't wait to see what the auto will do.

I've never come across nitrous adding smoke because nitrous ends up being extra available oxygen. I used one of the first available NXD5000 Nitrous Express controllers.

I didn't mean it adding more smoke, I meant with already clearing smoke, nitrous adding more power....

He means if you are clearing the smoke, you are using all the fuel he has, but still adding Nitrous will give more power, not smoke.

Fists time I have seen you over here Justin.

Can't wait to see what the auto will do.

You got it!

Yeah, I've lurked around here quite a bit. Post in the political and gun forum more than anything.

Keep this thread a secret.... I haven't posted it for the PSD and IDI guys to see :ft:

He basically has told everyone about it, just not the nitrous part....hey Justin, you gonna put an external gate on it for the Nitrous?

If i had a 350hp 6.9l i'd be telling everyone! :clap:

No kidding about that one!

He basically has told everyone about it, just not the nitrous part....hey Justin, you gonna put an external gate on it for the Nitrous?

He probably won't need it, will probably only need like an .060-.080 jet and pick up about 50hp.....if drive pressure is only 1.2:1 then it will make drive pressure rise a bit, but nothing crazy.

That is some pretty impressive stuff there! Is that stock injectors in that thing or did you manage to find someone to open them up?

Very cool.

I think I'll stick with the pump I have now... find a n2o kit, and start playing around, then decide if I want more fuel.

I know my questions are trivial, and this is a competition site... but 360rwhp from a 6.9 IDI is serious bidness:lolly:

I appreciate you guys for the advice.....:nos:

DId you ever spray it? :D

Back