Allison gone, now what??

I like to see how a guy is just trying to look for advise on a Allison everyone steps in a starts to fight over it like kids and start going of topic about other people and bashing them.:blahblah1:

ANYWASE::: i would go with what has been proven (DUH) Suncoast/ Mike L. in the allison world those to are pretty much tha goto guys and what the majority of the people are runing mainly Suncoast. Mike L. is getting my transmission here in a couple of weeks so ill let you know how it holds up. Should be fantastic

Keep the Crap out of this thread.

Call around to the Companies listed. Talk to them go with who you feel comfortable with!

We can talk crap all we want to about any company anywhere, but to be honest, all the tranny builders listed in this thread are good people who build good products!

Stick with a local builder that has good customer service. There is no such thing as a bullet proof tranny, and at some point, it will need a rebuild/refresh.

A friend of mine has an 06 LBZ and the tranny just went at 85k with no performance on the truck. He is looking to do an upgraded tranny as he hauls heavy often but, without breaking the bank (around 5k). Other than suncoast what are some good options to give him the best bang for his buck (quality, price, warranty) and still be able to withstand some heavy loads and mild performance mods?

The TTS 6 speed upgrade kit would be a good addition to a rebuild and it won't break the bank. I have seen and driven one in a LBZ and it worked great for towing everyday and drag racing. The same truck also had a Precision ML converter.

Back