Allison gone, now what??

04dodgedsl

A friend of mine has an 06 LBZ and the tranny just went at 85k with no performance on the truck. He is looking to do an upgraded tranny as he hauls heavy often but, without breaking the bank (around 5k). Other than suncoast what are some good options to give him the best bang for his buck (quality, price, warranty) and still be able to withstand some heavy loads and mild performance mods?

X2 on the goerend, buddy had them do one for his d-max pulling truck and it worked awesome.

I have a fully built Allison 6spd (just freshened) that I use as a spare in my 2007 LBZ. Built by one of the best. It is a 2wd Allison but could easily be converted to accept the transfer case/housing.

John
(479) 422-7196

didnt know that Dave was doing the allison. I had one of his trannys in my dodge before i got rid of it and loved it. Which would you guys go with, the Goerend or Suncoast? also Ill be in touch jpowel. Thanks

I would rather give Dave money than Suncoast, BUT, I would go with Suncoast if you're in FL

I live in Fl as well, But would go with "Goerend" for the Allison. "Suncoast" hasn't been the same since "Mr. Joe Webb" passed!!!

I live in Fl as well, But would go with "Goerend" for the Allison. "Suncoast" hasn't been the same since "Mr. Joe Webb" passed!!!

So what has been different? The same people are still there that built all the converters and transmissions all along and they still build them today.

So what has been different? The same people are still there that built all the converters and transmissions all along and they still build them today.

Well Crusty!! The diff is "Warranty Support" and "Turnaround Time" on a "Claim". "Attitude" of one of their employee's. That is why "I" wouldn't buy a transmission from Suncoast. Notice I said I!!!!

My Suncoast has been flawless for 3+ years of beating on it. Don't have any personal experience with any of the others.

My Suncoast has been flawless for 3+ years of beating on it. Don't have any personal experience with any of the others.

And:clap: to your "Suncoast". I don't believe "put together quality" of the Coast was mentioned in any of my previous responses. However some Builders have "Exemplary Customer Svc" over others!!!!. Along with taking the time to "fully insulate" you to the do's and dont's and Upsell's. I don't think "Garmon" is Fooling with the re-engineered 4L-80e Allison. That is why I gave the nod to Dave or Mike Lovrich @ Inglewood Trans in the Republik of Ca. However "Thee Jeff" will be building my 48re!!! :rockwoot:

Another option for a builder is BigDipper- he is located on the east coast and is one of the BEST Allisons builders! He can build specifically to what you want, and his prices are very fair- his customer service is second to NONE- and he stands completely behind his builds. GOOD LUCK Steven

I talked today with dave on the allison for a customer and I was surprized at daves price for one of his six speeds. If i ever need one for my Dmax i will be going with dave on mine.

I have delt with both companys and have had very good luck with both, but Im back to suncoast and it will stay that way.I would use either one as long as its nots for a high hp truck.if it was a high hp I would use suncoast just my$.02

Crate it up and ship it to Mike L!! He'll talk your dang head off on the phone but customer service will never be an issuse with him.

I now wish we had gone with Suncoast.We live on the coast on N.C.We are now on the 3rd. ATS. Basicly stuck with a very expensive core, if we decide to change. I agree with Steve!

I know we will be going on the fourth season on the suncoast trans in Barrys "nail-it" truck. It has been out only for a converter change and addition of ats co-pilot when we went with a larger stall converter from suncoast. We have only pulled the pan off to change the fluid and install the co-pilot. I believe in constant fluid change is the key to longevity in any higher horsepower, turbocharged application.

On the other note. I have dealt personally with both Dave and suncoast. Dave is a great guy and I have installed probably about 20 of his transmissions with great results but I don't use his transmissions after he would not give us a discount on his transmissions to sell to customers because another local shop got mad that we where selling the same thing. So we have done business with suncoast and have installed several of there transmission over the last couple years and have not had one back yet for failure either.

Back