Transmission Fluid = FUEL

some where i heard that trans fluid had allot of parafin in it so i think it might gum up the fuel system. i sometimes run some diesel kleen or ashless two stroke oil hasnt hurt anything in 90,000 miles. but i think its all a bit of a risk kind of like adding used engin oil to your tank.

I added used engine oil in the tank but it doesn't work at all. What can I do now about it?

i dont think i would try to keep it seperate one tank of this and one tank of that because it is still gonna get mixed your tank spliter valve is just before the tanks not on your engine. so say your are running a tank of atf and you switch to staright diesel the atf in the fuel system on the engine, filter, and lines all that is gonna go into your staight diesel tank, i have ran atf mix never could tell a diff other than it seemed weaker to me thats my two cents

It will not mix if you use two 3 way valves and switch it right

i aint seen to many people smart enuff to do that to tell you the truth they dont think about it they just dump it in and think it stays in that tank

We've been doing an ongoing fuel additive test for the last six months with trucks that we use hard every day in the oil field, aswell as in our freezer. We've tried 20 different fuel additives, aswell as atf, and 5 different grades of two stroke oil. None of the additives stayed suspended in the fuel for many days(all but one separated in about 12 hours)(we had 2 jars of each additive, one was shook well and one not shook at all).. We've done a cold weather test in the freezer in our shop that's -36 F. So far the only thing that that stayed suspended in the fuel for over a couple days is Arctic Cat APV oil, and it has not gelled or sepparated in 3 months. The atf separated in about 3 days. Also we've kept track of boost, egt, mpg, and seat of the pants power. Mileage hands down the APV oil gained us an average of 3 mpg, Peak boost about 300 rpm lower, and around 200 degrees warmer egt, in every truck we tried, none of the trucks are stock, all in the 400-450 hp range 12v, 24v, and a 6.7 with dpf delete all have manual transmissions. The atf did not gain us any noticable hp or mpg, average of 2-3 lbs boost gain and 150-300 degrees warmer egt, Since the rest of the additives did not noticably gain anything (mpg, noticable boost change, or egt) on the first tanks ran, failed our cold weather test, and did not stay suspended for more than 12 hrs, we did not spend much time with them. As far as WMO or WVO, we haven't gotten that far yet.

I would not use a whole tank of WATF. With any waste oil you add you must mix it well with reg,diesel,kero or what ever your mixing with it. Before adding it to your truck. Used oils do work and work well. I have used them for awhile and they work fine. Remember to filter your oil well and mix well then you should not have any problems running it.

i aint so sure about that "you have to mix oil or whatever with a fuel" i have heard of alot of people that didnt mix it just ran straight tranny fluid and it worked just added a cetane booster

heard of many people running a straight oil or fluid with only a cetane booster and thay say thay ran just as good as fuel. i would think that it would separte any way so whats the point in tryin to mix right

I know ATF does some nasty things to 2 stroker stuff, from doing dumb stuff as a kid, like running mopeds and Suzuki 2 strokes with it.

I wouldn't even dream of running it through a mechanical injection pump, much less a C/R or VP engine.

It has no real lubricity to it, plus the fact that it's a friction modifier, which means it's designed to allow a certain amount of friction.
It's more like a COOLANT than an oil.

Mark.

So what do you use to lubricate the bearings and bushings in your A/T? LOL

Back