3 cyl CASE engine like half 6BTA5.9 ?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Have you ever seen rear gear case engine,made by CASE, 3 cylinders, 3.9 liters and 2 valves per cylinder.

I have only this bad quality picture.

attachment.php

:poke:

Attachments

• 3bta3.9.jpg
    3bta3.9.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
That is a Cummins. I've heard about them but this is the closest I've got to seeing one. Did you get an ESN by chance?

Currently I have no more pictures, but .... this engine is for sale.

Maybe I have to buy it for my lawnmower repower :evil

I will try to get more pictures and info.

That seems kinda big for 3 cylinders, I'll see if anyone at work has more info. Post up an ESN and I can see what quickserve says about it...

That seems kinda big for 3 cylinders, I'll see if anyone at work has more info. Post up an ESN and I can see what quickserve says about it...

If the engine is made by CASE, the quickserve does not reccognice the number

If the engine is made by CASE, the quickserve does not reccognice the number

Cummins builds engines for Case and NewHolland...CNH, Komatsu, Iveco, Paccar and maybe a few more. The valve covers and head design are what gives it away as a Cummins build. Most serial numbers that Cummins builds can be found in Quickserve regardless of the brand label.

Cummins builds engines for Case and NewHolland...CNH, Komatsu, Iveco, Paccar and maybe a few more. The valve covers and head design are what gives it away as a Cummins build. Most serial numbers that Cummins builds can be found in Quickserve regardless of the brand label.

At least Iveco is last 7 years different story, they are not made in same factory anymore

Quickserve does not recognize any Case esn's.

I've never found a way to decode it to make it work either.

Cummins ,CASE and Iveco joined together in 1984 and they designe B-series and they had coperation until 2003 ot 04 when they separated again.

Maybe Snedge can give more info, I am too long ( loooks like 7 years :what: )out of Cummins system

If Cummins has anything to do with the engine its more than likely on Quickserve.

I thinks its funny how Cummins midrange engines are so "debranded", my bro was looking at a tandem dumper that had a "px-8" in it. He says hey, are these good engines? I said yea its a cummins. He goes, well the dealer was telling me it was a part of the new engines from paccar? I just had to laugh...

Thats not a useable number for quick serve... Need a cummins esn...

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk

If Cummins has anything to do with the engine its more than likely on Quickserve.

I thinks its funny how Cummins midrange engines are so "debranded", my bro was looking at a tandem dumper that had a "px-8" in it. He says hey, are these good engines? I said yea its a cummins. He goes, well the dealer was telling me it was a part of the new engines from paccar? I just had to laugh...

It's nice though, paccar cummins engines still have cummins esn's... Always wanted to get a ccv cover with the paccar emblem. Put with the rest of my odd ball stuff from work...

Jason

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk

Cummins ,CASE and Iveco joined together in 1984 and they designe B-series and they had coperation until 2003 ot 04 when they separated again.

Maybe Snedge can give more info, I am too long ( loooks like 7 years :what: )out of Cummins system

It's not a B series. To me it looks like an A2300 Cummins.
2.3 liter 3 cylinder.

It's not a B series. To me it looks like an A2300 Cummins.
2.3 liter 3 cylinder.

Are you serious?
The A-series have one long valvecover and the engine looks more like Kubota than other Cummins engines.

Just for memory refresh , picture of Cummins A2300

Cummins_A2300_50hp.jpg

Cummins_A2_3_G1_side.JPG

:lolly:

Last edited:
I think its time to show more pictures I have collect during 3BT investigation:

3bt1.jpg

3bt2.jpg

3bt3.jpg

:pop:

:evil

Back