Just curious?

You are all witnessing the potential birth of a new sport thanks to brilliant thinking individuals like Dennis and apparently the folks at Scheids! Sled Pullers coming into the light. Think of Gene as he looks over and see's a clean burning, non-smoking, F1 powered truck, pulling up past his fender as they simultaneously drag identical sleds down the track. He could not help but think if I only had a little nitrous gogo button I could shift this rote tiller into high gear and motor right on by that non-smoking, efficiently burning, bastage in the other lane. Soon they would be lobbying for lighter sleds and just as the cromagnum evolved, so would sled pullers. As the years went by the sleds would continue to lighten until the light bulb turned on and sleds were discarded all together. Dirt tracks would slowly be replaced by paved surfaces and knobbied tires by slicks. Darwin would be proud!

We try and meet you half way and what do you do? Spit in the face of sled pullers every where. Surely you jest? Do you mean to imply that drag racing is just the natural evolution of sled pulling? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Did your mother have some rather intoxicating habits? You were the kid in the back of the class sniffing the Elmers Glue in school weren't you? Any of these excuses would make that rattling in your head you call a thought process seem plausible. A competition of the fastest to prove strength? That's your perverted idea of a "spectacularly entertaining" sport? Look ma! I carried my fat butt between these two points really fast, aren't you proud!!?? Yeah... :umno: great job there son, how "spectacularly entertaining" was it to watch you do that. I bow to your accomplishment :bow:.

You want to compare that to the torque monsters yanking a load between 30 and 60 thousand pounds down a track dragging it like dead weight. Giants that can twist so much from the torque they produce that it cracks the windshield. This is "boring" to you? You must find women as equally boring then don't you? Perhaps that's it then, you're just in it for the "happy ending"? Thus the attraction to drag racing for the quick pay off at the end?

Just keep this in mind there Dukie, you may enjoy watching the "cheetahs" of the jungle prance around chasing they're prey, but when the elephant walks up stomps a mud hole in one and then walks it dry, ask yourself this question...

"Who's the be0tch now?"

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

I will be waiting (again) for your "literary wit and stinging rebukes".

You want to compare that to the torque monsters yanking a load between 30 and 60 thousand pounds down a track dragging it like dead weight. Giants that can twist so much from the torque they produce that it cracks the windshield. This is "boring" to you? You must find women as equally boring then don't you?
Were you intending to draw an analogy with that statement?

duke1n said:
Were you intending to draw an analogy with that statement?

Ouch... that... oh wait, it was just gas, I'm fine. Yes, but you clearly missed it and instead opted to take it out of context. No worries, I can provide a copy with pictures if it helps.

Back