P-Pumping a VE

Yea my buddy Lynn did that stole a 215 complete, putin a 92 ve.
It was a 96 5spd flat bed, same truck?
TOMMY

threads are different on VE injectors from the P pump injectors. I just tried my injecto puller for the p pump injectors and id didnt work on my VE injectors. You need front cover, lines, cam gear, INJECTORS, pump, and necassary safety features. Vacuum pumps are not the same. but should work with the right adapters.

on edit: You need front cover, lines, cam gear, INJECTORS, pump, and necassary safety features and accordin to the Cummins mech i spoke with last year the VE heads are supposed to be weaker than the P7100 era heads. Vacuum pumps are not the same. but should work with the right adapters.

From what I was told Ppump injectors are a direct swap in unless you have a non intercooled head then you need an bushing .

the top of the inectors are different as well. As in threads are different and the actual line size is different as well. i know cuz i just got done pullin out injectors of my 90 VE and my normal puller was wrong s i had to borrow a puller from my dad. And the pop off pressures and the pressure the VE puts out compared to the P7100 will be different as well. Just consider this, a P7100 can have 45 PSI of pressure feeding it were as a VE can have a max of 13 PSI.

Last edited:
If you put p-pump to VE engine, you must grind little bit cyl.head near overflow valve.

I have done it, but be careful , too much material off and you have hole in intake manifold. Do not ask , how I knew :kick:

the top of the inectors are different as well. As in threads are different and the actual line size is different as well. i know cuz i just got done pullin out injectors of my 90 VE and my normal puller was wrong s i had to borrow a puller from my dad. And the pop off pressures and the pressure the VE puts out compared to the P7100 will be different as well. Just consider this, a P7100 can have 45 PSI of pressure feeding it were as a VE can have a max of 13 PSI.

Why would it matter what thread the top of the injectors are? You have to change them anyway;)

Chris

on edit: You need front cover, lines, cam gear, INJECTORS, pump, and necassary safety features and accordin to the Cummins mech i spoke with last year the VE heads are supposed to be weaker than the P7100 era heads. Vacuum pumps are not the same. but should work with the right adapters.

Hence y i said u need that list.

ve injectors 12mm, p7100 injectors 14mm(thats were the lines screws on). The head needs to be ground for the p pump. be sure to grind enough to be able to remove the banjo bolt or u be grinding it some mo.
TOMMY

Back