DDP 90's went in and now have a rattle, need advice

that would be a queef coming from a she.........

could try bigger injectors see if that helps, if that doesn't maybe an s480 under that 66 will........... :lolly:

Hmmmm..... dual pumps (from you know who Mike :evil) and twins, sounds like a fun combo but I gotta limit myself, the duals could happen though if I can work things out like we talked about today!!:rockwoot:

I just installed some DDP 120's in a friends truck.. Didn't notice any new rattle.... He just has a regular smarty on #3 since his turbo is wayyyyyyy too small.

Buddy what did you set the timing to?I like sw 8,timing 3,torque 2,rail 2

But a lot of trucks have the off idle rattle till the boost comes on.

Looking foward to EFI as well.

I just installed some DDP 120's in a friends truck.. Didn't notice any new rattle.... He just has a regular smarty on #3 since his turbo is wayyyyyyy too small.

Hmmm.... Im kinda thinkin the 120's are spooling that small turbo super fast and boost is coming on ALOT sooner than us with the bigger turbos, Im gonna GUESS that when he moves up to a larger turbo he might hear the rattle.
BUT thats just my guess though he might not as some trucks dont seem to be effected by it from what ive been reading.
I would really like to try a smaller turbo to see if it have any effect on this, say maybe a 62 of some sort....

Buddy what did you set the timing to?I like sw 8,timing 3,torque 2,rail 2

But a lot of trucks have the off idle rattle till the boost comes on.

Looking foward to EFI as well.

Eric ive been running on sw 8 tm 0 and rail 2, tried timing 3 & 4 and default with the same results and dont really know what to try next!:bang

Buddy , if ya think about it, I bet you would notice it is more related to rpm than boost, does it rattle under light throttle goin 60 down the road if ya just feed it a bit of fuel ? Boost just happens to come on after you hit the same spot. most likely rattles till it gets past the rpm that the pre injection event stops. Larger injectors put more fuel out at each injection event, and that pre one, with more fuel, happens with the piston still traveling upwards. This causes a larger explosion in the cylinder that the piston has to fight upwards. Since the smarty seems to fail to address the issue, EFI may be our only saving grace.

Buddy , if ya think about it, I bet you would notice it is more related to rpm than boost, does it rattle under light throttle goin 60 down the road if ya just feed it a bit of fuel ? Boost just happens to come on after you hit the same spot. most likely rattles till it gets past the rpm that the pre injection event stops. Larger injectors put more fuel out at each injection event, and that pre one, with more fuel, happens with the piston still traveling upwards. This causes a larger explosion in the cylinder that the piston has to fight upwards. Since the smarty seems to fail to address the issue, EFI may be our only saving grace.

Hey Mike I had to go pick up a tractor and 4 wheeler this morning and had the dump trailer hooked up as I was on my way to pick them up I was in 5th gear most of the time and could hear the rattle and had very little boost, 2-3 psi at most, so I thought just pull it back into 6th and kinda lug the truck alittle to bet boost up quicker, pull it back into 6th and boost raised to 5psi or so and the rattle was almost non exsistant, this was in the 1600-1900 rpm range so this has me thinkin that if the bigger turbos arnt spooling fast enough to get the boost into the motor a smaller faster spooling turbo could help in this situation to add the right amount of boost to the added fuel from the bigger injectors.
Heck I maybe WAY OFF here but IDK......:hehe:

Smarty SSR fixed my 07 test truck it has DDP race sticks in it and it would rattle something feirce until the ssr. Turned the timing way down on LL and it went away.

Malcolm

o you guys are funny......... I still stick with my theory. EFI live come save us !

I do agree with you to Mike it dose go away once rpm reach a certain point... so I do agree with ya bro!

Malcolm that sounds really reassuring but what year will the SSR be released? :eek:

Hey Mike i'll trade you my 62/475 for your 64/480 :hehe:

throw in another 30 grand and you can have the truck thats bolted to them!

SSR who ? at this point the phrase "gimmie a break" is all I can come up with.

EFI live is going to take a bit as well, can bus trucks first and all ya know ?

Hey Buddy, my friend has a 06 and his did the same thing as your talking about after ddp 120's and i seen a few people talking about the same rattle issues on compD.

mine did the exact same thing. went with another brand and it doesnt rattle nowhere near as much

Back