ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

Brad, through all the trucks, I must admit your truck impressed me the most...Great running truck, and looks damn good too...

i never did get to see your truck the big azz duramax dually or the drag car go... seemed like every chance i got either you guys werent up or there was a delay...

i never did get to see your truck the big azz duramax dually or the drag car go... seemed like every chance i got either you guys werent up or there was a delay...

lol i know exactly what you mean it seemed like it was hurry up and wait alot this weekend didnt it. no offence to anyone running the track but there was a couple delays back to back that definatly slowed the process down.

and im tryin to arrange somethin to go this friday i really want to, i need to figure out a trailer tho because i only got ten gallons of fuel, and i need to fix the head gaskit its blown but not leaking compression just oil we fixed it for the most part before the race. apparently the colder temps threw all my head stud torques off and created a leak. i just wanna get it fixed tho before it creates a bigger problem.

Results for the Race

ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup

ET Bracket
1st Place
Brad Caldena
Helotes TX
99 Dodge 2500
11.70/11.940

2nd Place
Gary Wolf
Granbury TX
03 Dodge 3500
13.15/13.214

Quick Diesel
1st Place
Scott O’Hagen
New Waverly TX
05 Dodge
12.00/12.279

2nd Place
Jim Jones
Emory TX
02 Chevy HD
12.00/12.590

Pro Street
1st Place
Michael Watkins
Hutchcock TX
94 Dodge
Final Rounds
101/15.73*

2nd Place
Bruce Smith
Coolidge TX
Final Rounds
91 Chevy
91/23.67*

* Better times during qualifying both trucks were hurting after 5 rounds – great rounds & show for the crowd!

lol i know exactly what you mean it seemed like it was hurry up and wait alot this weekend didnt it. no offence to anyone running the track but there was a couple delays back to back that definatly slowed the process down.

and im tryin to arrange somethin to go this friday i really want to, i need to figure out a trailer tho because i only got ten gallons of fuel, and i need to fix the head gaskit its blown but not leaking compression just oil we fixed it for the most part before the race. apparently the colder temps threw all my head stud torques off and created a leak. i just wanna get it fixed tho before it creates a bigger problem.

Warning you might not be able to trailer it if you want to race for the trophy. I believe now the only trailering allowed is for the outlaw classs. Check on texas diesel shootout and post this on the october thread. Later, hope you can make it!

Warning you might not be able to trailer it if you want to race for the trophy. I believe now the only trailering allowed is for the outlaw classs. Check on texas diesel shootout and post this on the october thread. Later, hope you can make it!
ooh really? whats the outlaw class i would like to be able to run with you guys.

haha i guess thats good, who else would i be running against. oh and isnt it with outlaw "run what ya brung"?

It's just supposed to be a street legal truck. We used to have to drive it there but idk what the deal is now. Unlimited would be me, you, estelly and idk what else

he runs 11.7's max!

Yea I know I was there too! For some reason I thought we had 3 classes when i read a post from jtaylor and that he would be in the " run what you brung category " My mistake, just did not want him to come out and and get disqualified. It has happened right!

we saw that JT, but the rules still arent very clear. maybe if the race organizers would chime in every once in a while we'd know whats up!

we need more big races in Texas like there are sled pulls. this was the only diesel drag race i have been to and i went to quite a few sled pulls this year.. hopefully i can go play with y'all over HRP sometime!!!

Attachments

• drag strip.jpg
    drag strip.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14
Back