ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

Nice to meet y'all. I also spent some time hanging out with the other brands. Roscoe and Billy Goat are good people in my book. I really didn't want to race my truck because it's so damn slow, but I decided to since they said there wasn't a show and shine. Thirty minutes after that they changed their minds and decided to have the show shine, so I did both. I had goal of going a few rounds, and ended up making the final four in Et Bracket Racing; sandbagging and dragging brake at the traps the whole way there. I was completely confused as to what I should dial my truck in at for the semi final. I had just gone 5 or so rounds without a full throttle pass and was lined up against the 11.70 dial of the green Dodge with flames. I ran anywhere from 14.69 to 15.20 earlier in the day. I ended up keeping the 15.28 dial for the semi finals because they hot lapped us. I had the best few at the track of how hard that truck will MPH. It was pretty cool to watch him run me down through my driverside mirror. I let out and tapped the brakes at the traps and broke out with a 15.21 on a 15.28, it was a damn close race. I finished 3rd or 4th and they paid through 2nd, I was disappointed, but happy to show well also. I did end up winning the show and shine, not sure how since I spent most of the day in the staging lanes waiting on the track to repair their electronics. I would like to say thanks to NADM and ODRA for fighting through the weather and having an outstanding first event. I wish I could have met more people.

I think the green Dodge ran ET because the payout was $1000 for first and $500 for second?

Bryan
IMG_1244.JPG

Could it be that your times where faster due to the cooler air temps? Just a thought! My buddy ran a car and bike in both lanes on friday night. The times seemed to be consistent in both lanes, but the speed was way off in the right lane. I think he ran a low 11 in right lane on his bike and the speed was 77 mph. Left lane ran 10.5 at 136-138 mph.

Air had nothing to do with my times being that much faster. There were several of us next to each other in the pits that confirmed the difference between the two lanes. I ran my runs back to back several times (13 total runs to be exact) because of the inconsistency. I have never, never ran past a 14.5 in my truck with the back seat in. The left lane was right on my 100+ previous runs in my truck.

It didn't effect my runs since I made sure I stayed in the right lane for all my runs.

****I had one of the best times I've had at the races in a long time. The group that showed up for this event was a group of just racers/pullers with no crazy brand loyalty, just diesel racers. Next year should be fun!

Dix

Last edited:
Had a gret time as well, met alot of new people and put some faces with names. nice to see alot of fords, I get tired of seeing dodges all the time, Got to race agianst a black 08 ford on 37s he had me worried for a second but I got around him, its fast truck for being that big.

i too was surprised at the ford turnout. mine is slow and ran a best of 14.46, but thats pretty good for a stock turbo and a 5 speed!! got to meet budro and talked to elmo breifly about his procharger. not gonna lie, i didn't meet many ppl. hung out with Dan a bit and talked to garrett?? i think while we waited to run the first round where i broke out of my 14.70... LoL. it was fun, but i was sure dissappointed that there was no pulling for my brother and of course worse things happened for him on the way home, but i won't get into that right now. it was nice to see some of y'alls trucks. wish i coulda met more ppl!!!

there needs to be an event in the spring/summer time, so that way you can have the sled pulls, sucks that they didnt get to run that

my weekend is ending up costing me a **** load of money, on the way up there i got pulled over for no mudflaps and then got issued a ticket for my window tint and got a warning for the mudflaps, then leaving saturday fried my clutch, and then the holiday in charged me for a room that i reserved but canceled, but i had a blast.

there needs to be an event in the spring/summer time, so that way you can have the sled pulls, sucks that they didnt get to run that

There has been a Sled Pull the last 3 years in March (spring means rain) in Alvarado at the Diamond W Arena...I know its indoors but with the unpredictable weather it sure has saved the day...especially last March '09, which had both the Sled Pull and a Dyno.
Sponsors: 5E Diesel, ODRA and NADM.

We typically follow it up with a Race in April/May.

There was a pull in Hallettsville last July '09 (summer), should be good to go in 2010. Its between Houston and San Antonio.

Deleon Sled Pull every August...

The next Alvarado Pull should be around the 13th of March 2010!!! Mark your calendar now.

*Be sure to check out Home for local Texas Events we are an affiliate of NADM.
:rockwoot:

Looking forward to attending more of these events in 2010. The Alvarado pull sounds like a good time!

I wanna say THANKS to the ODRA/NADM for the event! We had a great time!

Thanks to all the folks that stopped by and said HI, we look forward to helping you with your projects!

John Walzel
Majestic Turbo

he was a sled puller truck and i think he just ended up racing et class for fun, but i think he does more than sled pull with that truck bc he was cuttin great lights and running his number every pass

Im wonder what class he pulls in? Hes running twins and I cant see a VP truck doing any good in a 3.0 class.

It was a good running, and clean truck, gave me a good close race. He was a very nice guy too.

Ok still going thru memory cards but if you want a Tshirt with YOUR stuff on it go to the link below and follow the instructions
Thanks again yall

David
Odra/Nadm shirts

I don't think it's a sled truck either. Looks like a badazz street/strip truck to me

Like to say i had a great time, just made it home from the 1800 mile round trip
I had a freakin blast thanks scott for the nitrous i owe you brother!
Right lane was off said i ran a 12.47 but my 1/8 mile and everything didnt match up but i did get into the 12's for the first time on the bottle so i was pretty happy about that.

It was all and all a great event and i will be back next year!

normal_IMG_0652.jpg

Great looking truck by the way, runs just as good as it looks! What kind of hp is it making?

No problem man. See you next year?

Im planning on it, ill bring an extra bottle for you

Great looking truck by the way, runs just as good as it looks! What kind of hp is it making?

Thanks man, your roll pan has the gears turning in my head...

Last time i dyno'd it was 530 with an older tune Truck weighed in at 8650 with my passenger (200 lbs) and all the runs were made with him.
Trap speed says 570
E.T says 600 on fuel

Bottle
620-650 but some of my best runs were made in the right lane on nitrous so i think its a little better than that.
Going to put it on the rollers end of the month

Back