Anyone got a 4" or 5" used muffler or resonator?

Two words....HOLY...and.... CRAP. It changed the whole tone and the word DRONE is no longer in my vocabulary at any RPM. :D

Couldn't be happier! I noticed my radio was on level 9 this morning on the way to work...instead of 15. I could actually hear myself think. It was nice.

Two words....HOLY...and.... CRAP. It changed the whole tone and the word DRONE is no longer in my vocabulary at any RPM. :D

Couldn't be happier! I noticed my radio was on level 9 this morning on the way to work...instead of 15. I could actually hear myself think. It was nice.

Kinda cool :Cheer:

Thanks again Wally! I left my passenger side window down all during lunch today.....just to hear the whistle I've been missing out on. :D I can't wait to strap on the big trailer and see what it sounds like loaded.

Last edited:
I like the idea of no drone in the cab, but how do they compare from outside? I'm looking for something between "can't even hear it run factory CR" and "annoying straight pipe." I've got a regular Aero turbine right now and liked it until the VGT got put in. Now it's way too quiet again.

Told ya.

I'm about to swap my 5"/4" core Magnaflow for a 5" Hushpower....along with my 30" FTE resonator. I've been curious to try one for a while now.

It's amazing, huh? I am so happy I got one on my truck. FTE service is top notch too.

how did it change the outside sound? does it still bark if you want it to? and i know you said you were gonna order the 30" did you infact order that one?

Yes, I installed a 30. The outside sound is silenced a bit. I'm sure it is still loud at WOT but kinda hard to stick my face in the stack while doing so. The thing I DO like about it is....I can lean on the tailgate with the truck idling and actually hold a conversation without talking like grandpa...at 90db. There is still sound outside and it is deep. I'm over the straight pipe now that I'm pushing 40 and just enjoy the whistle singing me to sleep down the road. The inside cab noise is the biggest transformation.

This sounds good. How are they for robbing power? Or not at all?

I think the whole idea of it is that it doesn't rob power or raise EGT, but I'll let Wally respond to that. I didn't do any pre and post test to find out. I can't see how it would increase backpressure or do anything but change the sound.

I think the whole idea of it is that it doesn't rob power or raise EGT, but I'll let Wally respond to that. I didn't do any pre and post test to find out. I can't see how it would increase backpressure or do anything but change the sound.

Oh ok, I was just wondering as I've never really heard of them. I don't do a lot of muffler shopping LOL I'd like to quiet it down in the cab, but I don't want to sacrifice any power.

And claiming to not rob hp is easy. Curious if anyone has actually tested it.

Are these a straight through design?

If you've ever looked down a grain auger.....same thing only with a hollow shaft down the middle. IMO it would take a hurricane force CFM to crate any recordable backpressure.

Try it. I think you'll like it.

Back