Anyone got a 4" or 5" used muffler or resonator?

Want to rent it out for a week? Aero vs. FTE on different amounts of fuel and air. :pop:

We have already been there and done that, that is why we said what we said.... the honeycomb design in the AT does create a slight EGT gain from the 3-4 people that compared them last year. We are not putting that design down at all, just bringing it up.

From what I heard AeroExhaust is no longer in the picture

I wish I had my data logger hooked up before I put it on, Wally, I could have produced some before and after numbers to hush the nay-sayers. I'll hopefully have it installed in a few weeks but a tad too late. :(

Thanks for the offer.... We are only trying to control cab noise and never want to have a Banks Effect on marketing the product.... the fact that your ears are happy is really all we need

Again thank you

as asked in reply #77 where should it be installed? right after the DP , stock muffler location or it dosent matter

close to the dp.
Mine is connected to the end of the dp then the muffler is in it's normal spot.

I'll have to look for my back pressure gauge and see if I can get some readings. I have a trip in a few weeks and it would be great if the truck was more quiet.

I replaced the 4" Hushpower with a 17" FTE. The spool up takes longer, the truck is louder, and the sound is amazing. The exhaust has a very low metalic sound that sounds SO good at WOT. I'll be bringing it back to what it was before next week due to the noise.

I replaced the 4" Hushpower with a 17" FTE. The spool up takes longer, the truck is louder, and the sound is amazing. The exhaust has a very low metalic sound that sounds SO good at WOT. I'll be bringing it back to what it was before next week due to the noise.

So the 17" was worse? You made no sense to me in this post LOL

He tried both the 30" and the 17" together without a muffler at all instead of the 30" with a muffler.

we have already been there and the 6" stuff will not get you the results that the 5" does. I'm sure it will work some, but the combination we have is pretty much spot on for engines with approx 6 cubes

dammit.... i dont know if we have any 5'' augers hanging around, those are TINY.

Because of this thread I called and ordered a 30" FTE from Walter and really like it. If I would have known about the product I would have done it years ago. Its on my 04.5 500hp dodge, Ive ran a straight piped factory 4" system since I bought it new, man Im enjoying hearing the radio and talking on the phone now.

Ryan Tucker

Good to see you boys are finally getting it. The only thing that should sound like a tractor, is a tractor.

Because of this thread I called and ordered a 30" FTE from Walter and really like it. If I would have known about the product I would have done it years ago. Its on my 04.5 500hp dodge, Ive ran a straight piped factory 4" system since I bought it new, man Im enjoying hearing the radio and talking on the phone now.

Ryan Tucker

Thanks for the feed back RT, is your truck a stocker that you installed it on ? if not what mods are done to the truck?

Back