P-pump Delivery Valves- Upgrades

Smokem said:
The 435 is a 5x0.018" injector, thanks to Chuck at New Era Diesel. Hone size includes injectors with EDM tips. These injectors are the equivalent to Dynomite Diesel's stage 4 injector, minus the extrude hone work, this is where the price difference comes from.

Thanks, so I take it they have the correct spray pattern for our pistons?

supposed to, i have them in my little truck. but i am still having fuel pressure issues. so i can't comment on max power at all.

Last edited:
I may have some helpful info.
A stock P464 found in 160-180hp flows 31lpm plus or minus 2
A stock P477 found in 215hp 5 spd 38lpm plus or minus 2
A stock marine the 3 versions I've tested 54-57lpm.
DDP stage 2 spot on at 58lpm
DDP stage 3 spot on at 60lpm
DDP stage 4 spot on at 66lpm
Full race like MadDogs 80lpm

Don't get too hung up on a pin gauge it's not an accurate way to figure out power. EDM holes are the same on the inside as the outside in diameter. But even stock Bosch parts are AFMed to get the flow balanced out.
AFM is abrasive flow machined
Hone does most of its work on the inside edge then polishing the tunnel so fuel picks up velocity on its way out. The only way to measure this is with flow not by outside hole diameter.

Next time you get a chance listen to each cylender fire with honed injectors.
Then the same thing with a big set of EDMed.

so where does one go about getting injsctors like maddog has? and what is the cost. I will be looking for injectors and the marines are the most publisized but also not what i want. I want something that fits my bowl but flows like a motha!

What do you guys mean there is a different sound between EDM and EH injectors?? Which one do you think is better for the engine, and also better for making power?

Thanks,
Chris

jambbii said:
Is there a noticeable gain from going from the 370s to the 435s?

as for the EGTs i dont know! AT this elevation everything pegs the pyro! only a plate!

As for smoke its considerably more smoke! See video:
370's HTB2 62/12 turbo
Click here to see Video

435's HTB2 62/12 turbo
Click here to see Video

Another thing the white truck has an aftermarket clutch and it never ever slipped with the 370's now with the 435's it does! And they run very smooth, No stumble at all! im all satisfied

oldsmokey97 said:
from what i have heard............... the 435 are much bigger than the Marine 370's and have the potential to puch a LOT more fuel. Chuch from neweradiesel.com told me that the 435's are about 55 horse over marine 370s with the correct amount of air.
I had a set of Bosch 0 433 171 435 nozzels around from the days of testing. They are DLLA145 P574 and flow 38 lpm so they are smaller than 370s at 54 lpm. I never dynoed them but I will now that the question has been raised, It will be a week or two but I'll get back to you with comparisons.

Smokem said:
Anyone know the bore size of a factory delivery valve holder? I may be trying a little experiment in the near future.

DV Holder - 20mm W - 15mm H - 8mm bore
DV - 131 0.75mm shoulder

what do you need the size of the 131 Dv out of a 160?

i have a 160 barrel, ill open it up and measure if thats what you want!

will a 181 holder and a 131 dv make more power then the stock 181's and holders in a 96 and up pump?

what experiment are ya gonna make? let us know!

i went out and took some pics of a DV out of a 160 Ppump

dsc06781mp4.jpg

dsc06779nk9.jpg

dsc06778bh6.jpg

dsc06775lb6.jpg

dsc06773nk7.jpg

adsc06778yi1.jpg

Last edited:
Smokem said:
Anyone know the bore size of a factory delivery valve holder? I may be trying a little experiment in the near future.

DV Holder - 20mm W - 15mm H - 8mm bore
DV - 131 0.75mm shoulder
Have you found out any more info with this mod?

i checked my 811s, 191s and my cuts and they all fit the same size hole in the dv holder.

but my cuts look like this pic i stole and modified. i will try to get some picks of all 3 together so you all can see the differance. yea i suck at paint

Attachments

• dsc06778bh6.th delevery vale 1.JPG
    dsc06778bh6.th delevery vale 1.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 277
gunracer1 said:
i checked my 811s, 191s and my cuts and they all fit the same size hole in the dv holder.

but my cuts look like this pic i stole and modified. i will try to get some picks of all 3 together so you all can see the differance. yea i suck at paint

Sweet, looking forward to it. All I have are 131's wich have already been posted, or I'd assist.

Travis

Thanks Smokem. I looked at that pic 2nd pic before but wasnt sure what "size" they were. I'm not exactly sure on what the holders do in effect to fuel (havent quite figured it out by the pics) does fuel flow around the outside of the holder? I thought it ony flowed through the valve.....??

Travis

Back