P-pump Delivery Valves- Upgrades

Anybody know the size of LC's holders, its easy to see the machining done to the dv but are they a standard size holder? Possibly combine LC components with others to get better low end drivability but keep the big kick in the pants?
Tim.

I have went from 131's to 181's, to 191's in my 160 pump'd 94 automatic in my sig. The 181's gained me a 1/2 second through the 1/4. A Definite kick. EGT's also werent any worse at all. I just went to 191's, and I havent been to the strip, but it feels like it gained more power than the 181's geained me over the 191's. EGT's arent too hard to peg at 1500* now though. I have a steady haze at WOT where with the 181's it pretty much completely cleared up. 191's definately pull harder all the way though. Boost is about 6psi higher at 40psi. I am pretty happy with the combo. I didnt want laser cuts because of smoke, and EGT's.

Eric

That Guy said:
You have it all figured then I see, those F1 injectors must make up for the restrictions in the P7100.

Why yes I do! LOL Well almost. There are a few acceptions to hard and fast rules, but guys need to tune the 181's firstly.

Line size, plunger volume, plunger rate of lift, and injector size all determine "what" valve to use, or better yet, "what" the volume is of relief needed to tune the line to quickly drop injection pressure when the helix passes the spill port as it travels upward.

So many guys have nozzle chatter and dirty nozzle closing after the nozzle is supposed to be cleanly shut with these drop in valves. Boost often goes up with these things from the late charge or the dirty/chattery ( is that a word? ) discharge. Yes, more fuel makes it way into the chamber, but not when and where ya want it to.

I had to drop the 12 Valve completely from any new program. Breaks my heart really. I have had a 12V truck myself for 10 years now. The voodoo BS, the tuning disasters and lack of general "give a crap" in the 12V vendor arena killed it for me. It became a headache all too big to undo the messes left by tuners/sellers of 12V parts.

Shame, shame.

With your injectors Don is there any info you can give me that would aid a pump tuner to dial in my set up? And do you have a sweet spot for the injection timing with these injectors? It is too bad that the 12valve didn't work out, with the EDM over the 370 I picked up better throttle response down low and cleaner running. Since I bought these from you three or four years ago I'm just now getting to actually use them for their intended goal. Thanks, Lon

Smokem said:
I hear you there, tuning tips often fall on deaf ears. I happen to like the set of delivery valves and holders that I have done for street use, but then again they are not the ever so popular "laser cuts".

don't feed donm, his head will grow so large and he will never leave.

joeservo said:
don't feed donm, his head will grow so large and he will never leave.

Go tune a snowmobile or play with DP in the stock room.

how many more cc's will the 131dv with 181dv holders flow than 181 dv and 181 holders. I think the 191's flow 50cc's and the lazer cuts will flow a 100cc's

Smokem,

I got the .5mm 131/181's from you where do these fall in the picture compared to the others mentioned. Am I experimental? One of these weeks I'll get my turbo on and the gov springs. I'll spool her up a work and give you some #'s. Waiting for warmer weather.

ANy thoughts to

a 191 holder with a 131 valve? I have three sets of DVs, 131s 181s and 191s. and was wonderin which combination would be the most smoke free and most powerful in a 215 pump. (seems like i have all the fuel i need with 181s tho, and am limited by timing)

Rick

If I plan to run some DDP 4's what dv do you recommend Smokem? I'm shooting for a daily driver to break 600hp when all is said and done. Wanted to do it on a single, but I think I'll have to do twins.

Figured i'd dig this back up since some time has passed and sure some people have tried a few more things.

tis a great thread,

smokem, did u ever get any experimentin done? (yes, i just made up a new word)

seems a lot of folks see limitation in the dv's and holders rather than at the sticks!

For daily driving without smoking the crap out of everyone constantly. I'm going back to 181's....... again.

Yeah I read this whole thread and the meat and potatoes of it was DV holders. I dont think the holder has anything to do with fuel flow. The only difference is how they seat on the barrel. Also DV's are matched to the holders.. dont think its a good idea to change them around. The only place the fuel is to travel is up through were the valve is not around the base. If it comes out around the base you either have a cracked washer or if you do not run washers (Like myself) the base is not sealing to the barrel. Just my .02

Yeah I read this whole thread and the meat and potatoes of it was DV holders. I dont think the holder has anything to do with fuel flow. The only difference is how they seat on the barrel. Also DV's are matched to the holders.. dont think its a good idea to change them around. The only place the fuel is to travel is up through were the valve is not around the base. If it comes out around the base you either have a cracked washer or if you do not run washers (Like myself) the base is not sealing to the barrel. Just my .02

That is what one of my pump shops told me too. That dv and holders are matched together like lappin a valve to seat. You start swapping things around and some might seal, some might not. But i do know for a fact that any dv will fit in any holder so it doesnt make sense that the holders have anything to do with flowing fuel.When i send dv's and holdowns (the part that takes the special socket),in to be cut, i send the whole setup in labeled in seperate baggies so all pieces stay together. Like timebomb said, Bosch changed to the belled holders for a better seal to the barrel.

Tim

Alright now Smokem, now you are getting over my head with the technicel stuff. LOL Tim

Hey guys, I have a 1998 CTD, with an automatic behind it. I am 99% sure it has a 180 pump, I looked awhile back and Im pretty sure thats what it said on it.

What size delivery valves do I have?
What would i benefit going to?
I daily drive my truck, and eventually will have atleast a super phat shaft 62, and currently have FTE diesel 435s.

I am able to clean up the 435s with the stock turbo, and not excede 1250 EGTs at 40lbs of boost out of the stock turbo.

I think this has to do with the profile of my plate, and not having governor springs.

Any other reasons why i clear these 435s up?

Back