P-pump Delivery Valves- Upgrades

Thanks dzl and Smokem.

Smokem, do you have an estimation of increased hp&tq or some measures for modding from 131s to 131/181s as per your knowhow?

General Q I know and impossible to answer precisely but if the assumption is that we others or some of us have some "sense" to this stuff and can adapt and estimate the situation with our trucks.

Just ran up on this thread.

I may have told Josh (teddybear) wrong, but im running a complete 181 setup. Took out the 131 seats, and 131 DV's, and put in 181 seats and 181 DV's.

Driving it at first, I wasnt sure how much power it had gained. Couldnt tell any difference in smoke, or EGT, but it showed a consistant 1/2 second difference in the 1/4. It definately was worth doing.

My 191's were a pretty good kick over the 181's. I still havent been to the strip with it though. The best thing about the 181 setup was that i couldnt get the EGT's over 1300* in the 1/4. They settled right at 1300* with no smoke at all at WOT.

I did the 131dv/181seat combo yesterday to mine. Some additional smoke in bottom power band, maybe midrange too. According to my butt, no changes in the high end.

One thing though; as I pulled my deliveries out the number on them was 167. The 181s were marked as 181. Is that numbering just standard for 131s or what are they?

Upkickin'

Decided to go the twinturbo route. Bought a kit from TURBOLVR (BorgWarner S300/400).

Now I'm figuring out what kind of fueling upgrades I would need to start feeding the engine with near correct amount of fuel. Bponci or other gentlemen, do you have time to comment?

Combo's that I have thought about:

-put in 191DVs and DDP 4s
-keepin the current 181/131DVs and putting DDP3s
-Smokems mentioned 022s and his injectors in around 5x0,016 in size maybe

???

Any thoughts? I would appreciate some help. No twins in Finland before mine that I know of.

You are not the frist with twins.

I knew one finnish guy named Jussi have ATS twins in '05 RAm.

here is picture

1167537940d84c_l.jpg

Ok,

good to know that, had no idea. Thanks for that. There is also another one, a 2gen but equipped with a Lysholm and a turbo. Once again, different ballgame.

I'm looking for a suitable pump parts combo for a twinturbo and there are experienced people here. This is the reason me asking this, don't plan to climb to a tree butt first.

im very happy with my ddp delivery valves in my 180 pump, the dragon flows aren't too bad on the street, but my I have a light haze all the time, and thats defffinetly hurting my fuel economy, but im still pulling in almost 16mpg city/highway with 4.10's and 33's with an auto 4x4 too.

ddP 4s or larger 70 to 74 lpm injectors. 191 or 024 dvs. Set your timing to 24 degrees for street and 28-30 for the strip. Make sure your head is torqued correctly (o-rings and or studs needed). This will be a good staring point. These little 160 pumps like timing and respond well to larger injectors with little to moderate dv changes. This will still be streetable as far as smoke. You can go to 80 lpm injectors but the haze will be more than most cops will tolerate.

DDP4's, 30° static, with stock pistons? Is there even a point to spraying the fuel in the bowl?

10.76@124.31, 1.51 60ft, my guess would be NO, they seem to work fine upside down, cross threaded, seated with a ball peen and spraying on the manifold!!

Pretty sure guys in Georgia have been getting down the track with 30° static and 370's in the 10's long before, but I'm glad you are hung up on it.

Well shame on them for running so much timing, they must know fuel belongs in the bowls *bdh*

Pretty sure guys in Georgia have been getting down the track with 30° static and 370's in the 10's long before, but I'm glad you are hung up on it.

What the hell is the deal?! You complain he never shares info, then when he does you pop off with smart ass remarks about it. I don't have a problem with you personally, and I have learned things from reading your posts, but what the hell is a guy to do?

I have had the head off and there still in the bowl. There on the leading edge but still in the bowl. I was asked to comment on this thread so i did. I hope are paths cross someday. Im sure we have plenty to talk about. (east vs west stuff) Smokem, quit picking on me you bully. I am just a little guy.

Well, since nobody's ever going to agree, maybe we can all gather hands and have a little sing along.

Smokem,
what kind of possibilities do you have rearding the injector size Bponci recommended in the previous page to me? 74lpm sounds the best to me.

Back