twin turbos on a manual truck

so say i run a 62/71/14 over the s475 from majestic...it lights fast and hard, wat would my hp range be? how much would the 62 limit me?

If you're not trying to win dyno competitions, you will be much happier with the smallest top turbo that will make your horsepower goal. Fast spoolup is the most important factor for a fun street driven truck. The only place large top turbos shine is land speed racing and dyno competitions using nitrous oxide.

It's all in the setup. True you want the fastest spool for a fun street truck but my sb66/s480 will surprise ya, but it is a cr with cam and shift points raised. Spools faster than my 12v with a ps62, all in the setup...

I don't understand that. I think you have those two words backwards. However....

The spool up I have on my twins is insane. Before I had the s476 under the 62/65/13ss, I was running the 62 as a single. My twins hit just as hard and fast as the 62 did by itself. I also added Fletchers cam at the same time as the s476.

Let me clarify, you can carry over more boost between shifts with twins than you can a single with a stick. With an auto you don't lose boost between shifts whether it be a single or twins.

what he said... everybody thinks they want a 64/71 over an S480 untill they drive the thing...

I'd rather be a little too small on my turbo/turbos than a little too big... because the truck with "a little too small" will be "a ****load more fun to drive" LOL

but what do you know, you're only making 500rwhp w/ an HE351! :clap:

Is that what you tell yourself when the guys with good sized chargers are putting length after length on you?

Yeah..... so what he's blown my doors off from a stop, from a roll, light to light, on on the interstate, empty and towing, the point is, I'm having more fun than he is because while my truck might only make ___hp, it makes peak power 26rpm off idle......

:hehe:

And if you care to explain how blowing the tires off violently at will isn't "fun to drive" I'm all ears.

You're my favorite guy to run across on the street. You're the guy standing on the converter trying to make 800hp at 650rpm that jumps off the line like a jackrabbit, gets about half a length on me with me just rolling out before the chargers light and when I nail it and they do I come by you sideways covering you in tire smoke as I proceed to put length after length on you for as long as I wish to stay in it.

Most times people that can't light chargers are the same people that can't understand how to regulate fuel when off boost. These are the same people that are of the mindset of needing ___ injector to "light" ___ turbo... Billowing wall of smoke behind them *****ing about the charger not lighting.

You one of those people? Or just a guy that likes to have a truck that snaps to attention and then goes impotent 1 second later when the charger runs out of ass?

Here's some serious "lag" for you.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtw_qr5ula4[/MEDIA]

I see your point, that thing doesn't look fun at ALL!

Last edited:
hey **** knob... who the **** are you talking to?!?! go back through some of my posts before you start **** talking... I understand what it means to make horsepower. I understand that fuel doesn't = spool

did you really just compare a ****ing 2JZGTE w/ a Cummins as far as breathing characteristics and spooling a turbo!??! LOL

my point is everybody thinks they want some big monster turbo for their daily driver and a lot of times they DON'T

I agree with Forest and BigBlue24, I think most people get too large of charger and then end up unhappy with its performance. I thought I wanted an S465 for a street single and after having that I am going back with a small twinset so the driving I do most of (streets and towing) is much better.

back when I had my red 98 (that had twins on it when I bought it BTW), I had my little sps62 on it and it was about a 535rwhp truck... I ran into some kid on HWY6 w/ a "bad ass" CR sled puller with a silver bullet on it... he was supposed to be 600+rwhp. both trucks were quad/short 4x4 6sp.

I drug his ass because it took him forever to spool when we first got on it, and every shift we made, I was right back on the boost, and he had to get back up on the charger.

would he have pulled me from a high roll in 6th? maybe, but he sure as **** didn't "run me across the street" :rolleyes:

seriously Chuckie, find a ****ing post where I recomended a 3k GSK over a 4k... find me a post where I didn't recomend moving the powerband up a little and spinning them to try to minimize breakage from excessive torque... find me a post where I've said **** like "screw horsepower, TORQUE is king, that's why I'd rather be Cummin' than Strokin'" :rolleyes:

oh and go **** yourself

LMAO!

Looks like I hit the nail on the head. You ARE the toolbag that thinks his truck is fast because he has no lag...

:hehe:

Just remember at the next redlight when you catch up to the guy with the big harry turbo setup that just got done handing you your ass, to roll down your window and explain all this to him, and about how he can't do that, and how he would be so much happier driving around at the same slow ass pace you do.

;)

To the OP:

I ran compounds with my ZF6 for quite some time. With an 88mm first stage no less. Trust in the fact that as equipped it would have likely out-towed and outran Forrest with a drunk man driving it.

Last edited:
Charles, you're a douchebag. Everyone here knows it, quit trying to throw crap at someone else, it won't work.

You can be a badass all you want in your own mind. Just don't subject the rest of us to your bulls###

Charles, you're a douchebag. Everyone here knows it, quit trying to throw crap at someone else, it won't work.

You can be a badass all you want in your own mind. Just don't subject the rest of us to your bulls###

Explain how calling a spade a spade is "being a badass".

And what bullsh*t? I ran a GT47-88 with a GTP38R (66mm) for over a year with a ZF6 manual trans there genius. On top of that I ran (and am still running) the largest housings made for those two chargers, a 1.39 and a 1.15... spools up exceptionally well. IIRC when the gates are programmed tight it produces over 60lbs of boost under 2000rpm...

BS? Try again.

Explain how calling a spade a spade is "being a badass".

And what bullsh*t? I ran a GT47-88 with a GTP38R (66mm) for over a year with a ZF6 manual trans there genius. On top of that I ran (and am still running) the largest housings made for those two chargers, a 1.39 and a 1.15... spools up exceptionally well. IIRC when the gates are programmed tight it produces over 60lbs of boost under 2000rpm...

BS? Try again.

I have learned that some peoples Idea of Smoke, power, driveability etc are totally different from my own. I am very picky. And after reading many posts by Forrest, RonA, Weston and others like them. I trust their judgment. You however would probably consider a 66 on a Civic to be excellent spooling. So your ideas of a "quick spooling" setup. Is not something I give a S### about. Once you stop posting like a jackass, people may think differently.

I have learned that some peoples Idea of Smoke, power, driveability etc are totally different from my own. I am very picky. And after reading many posts by Forrest, RonA, Weston and others like them. I trust their judgment. You however would probably consider a 66 on a Civic to be excellent spooling. So your ideas of a "quick spooling" setup. Is not something I give a S### about. Once you stop posting like a jackass, people may think differently.

How about the truck spinning the back tires from a stop before they reach the pavement the front tires were just occupying? Just a roll on, not standing on the converter. That work for you? I used to do that often with my last set of EDM nozzles. I can guarantee you that even right now the truck will be spinning violently within two or three truck lengths.

Was there something about running in excess of 60lbs of boost before reaching 2000rpm that didn't click?

Wish I had some video to show you.

Put it on photobucket. If you are not comfortable with that, email it to me. I will dump it on my photobucket and post it here.

Back