Very small 12 valve tow twins

Think the extra 3mm in compressor is worth it? I'm thinking 650hp is a safe limit before you start breaking parts all the time

Oh yeah. spools faster (from others accounts), and flows like an 80. Why not? Just tune the power down with a fuel plate.

If you only want 650 though, do a 72 or a 67.

Why the 67 over the 72? Also Im taking the 93 VE pumped Cummins out of my 98 GMC and replacing it with a 96 p pump motor. This truck is my DD and tows almost every day. Would the 67 spool faster? This truck has a NV4500 in it also. Thanks for the info.

Why the 67 over the 72? Also Im taking the 93 VE pumped Cummins out of my 98 GMC and replacing it with a 96 p pump motor. This truck is my DD and tows almost every day. Would the 67 spool faster? This truck has a NV4500 in it also. Thanks for the info.

I think they are referring to the primary size. To use a 67 or a 72 for the primary size.
To use a 67 with a 72 would be pointless, as they flow pretty close to the same...

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

I believe the FMW 67 comes with the latest borg Warner j cup turbine design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are referring to the primary size. To use a 67 or a 72 for the primary size.
To use a 67 with a 72 would be pointless, as they flow pretty close to the same...

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yeah thats what I meant. OR. LOL

Thanks. Why a 67 vs the 72? These would go over a HE351. This is a follow up to a earlier question.

I preach the 67 because it flows as much, and spools faster. I know it seems like the 67 is too close in size to the secondary, but it flows so much more. It would probably feel like you're still running the he351 as a single because it would spool so fast.

I believe the FMW 67 comes with the latest borg Warner j cup turbine design.

I couldnt tell you, but that is what I'd assume.

I think so because all the other FMW line ups they came out with have the j cup.

What housing 1.10? Also what injector would be a good choice?

I have the 1.1 on the 78 now. I kinda wish I'd have gone with the 1.0 so I could drive it a little harder. I think if I went with the 67, I'd have went with the 1.0, and the same 5x.016's I've been running.

Thanks again. You think the NV4500 will makes a difference with spool? Right now with a VE pump and a HE351 it spools ok. But I run into times when it(EGTs) get hot.

So what was the final verdict on the interstage water to air cooling? was it worthwhile to get the air density up ahead of the primary?
Id be curious to see that setup on a dyno with that stage bypassed to see just what the cooler charge is doing.

I'll be honest, I've been busy with so much other stuff, I haven't had the time or money to get it on the dyno. It will be done though. I'll test it with and without the interstage. I've got to make a cheap cold pipe though.

Back