Very small 12 valve tow twins

Eventually I'm going to see what options are available as far as helping the exhaust side of the he351 flow better up top. I have no idea what drive pressure is at yet, and I'm scared to know, but she's holding together. If not a lot can be done besides porting it, I'll give in and swap to a 63/68 with the biggest internal spring gate taylor can put in it. I'm tired of messing with external gates.

Even with the 351 surely choking it up top, it still pulls infinitely harder over 100mph than the 67 did as a single. It ran the exact same mph/et as the 67 sinnogle, with only 5psi boosted launch and partial throttle till half track.

I'd run an S300g with an 80mm primary. Be a wicked street twin setup.

Thats why I went with the 78. IIRC it still flows more/spools faster than the 80. It does spool super quick. To be honest, I'm curious how it would do as a single.

How does it tow? I only ask because no one else has. Cool build! I want to do a 351 over S472 how do you think that will tow?

How does it tow? I only ask because no one else has. Cool build! I want to do a 351 over S472 how do you think that will tow?
Like a dream. The <1400rpm power is awesome. I'd wager the 72 would be even more responsive. But then I'd just do a 67 which is still capable of 700+

Or 472 fmw
I wasn't aware that wheel existed. Ill also add that with this setup, I can keep the converter locked and slow down in town to 1100 rpm with zero issues. Just accelerate back up to speed limit when I'm out of town.

I'd love to run a primary with a 87 or 92 turbine but I just don't know if I can justify the extra cost since 75/96/1.32s can be had all day for $650 shipped. Power under the curve would be awesome though...

Last edited:
S480/87 FMW $1550. Only three times as much but you get a FMW and j-cup turbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember for sure, but I picked up the 78 for around 1k here on the forum. Just know who you're buying from.

Back