Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

I'm just curious if it will hold up to around 450hp, in case I don't find a rear before next pulling season, the 70 under it is toast. I know I don't want to use it.

even with a bone stock engine with minor bolt ons and little tuning, any kind of a ton rearend isn't going to last too long in slep pulling unless you put a lot of money into it. Probably the smallest rearend the will last a lil while would be a S110/130 from and F450-550 or the new dodge/sterling 4500-5500. Even then, those rearends would be limited.

ill check around and see what i can find for ya.... if i can find another like mine or the like if youd be interested...

I would be interested, you're around 175-200 miles from me. wouldn't be a terrible drive. I would appreciate that.

Alright, My cousin has got bitten by the bug now, we're going to pick up his 2wd puller this weekend. 1990 d250. it's an auto. gonna be the street class truck. gonna throw a goerend triple disk in it. it's also going to be more of a budget build. he's going to use a Holly Black pump, trying some custom turbo work. etc.

would be alot better to convert to a manual. Using an Auto would be hard to get a good gear to work well in any class.

He needs to pick one or the other because to pull it will be slow at the strip. You can make the 518 a lockup but its a lot of work and parts swapping.

Now he's thinking about an Allison, I don't remember the number, but he can get one with everything to hook it up from a buddy who's dad owns school buses.

Back