6.4 Performance parts...

I just heard that RCD has lost 2 of its main guys in the past few weeks. Things are not sounding good for them. Funny, cause they always seemed super busy when I was in their shop, and all of the guys seemed pretty straight forward.

Still waiting on a tune that will work.

Supposedly, the last tune is still limping the trans, but, once it goes into this limp mode, it still shifts perfect, just power is reduced to what feels like 1/8 throttle. Starts in first, shifts fine, continues through the gears, and locks the converter when it should, but, it won't fuel past 1/8 throttle. I'm being told, that the trans is limped?

I'm familiar with GM's when they limp the trans, sometimes they drop power, sometimes not, but they always just stay in 3rd gear.

I've limped the trans in this Ford, and it's similar. Trys to stay in 3rd gear, but with alot of throttle, it will jump out of 3rd, and go to 1st, but you really have to coerce it.

Customer is quit frankly pissed right now, and I just can't believe it.

I even asked for a 275 instead just to get the truck running right, and he said that would take a few days as well.

I still do not have any type of tune from RCD that will run right on this truck.

Merrick

Still waiting.

Truck will not run correctly with any RCD tune, wither doesn't shift right (Limp mode) or the engine goes into Limp Mode. RCD is still unable to resolve.

I've asked for money back, and no can do. I've asked for a store credit in voicemails to them, since I can't hardly get them on the phone, and still haven't heard from them.

I'm tired of calling. I'll keep updating this post until I get somewhere....

Still waiting.

Merrick

Same very upset customer with a truck that cannot run through the gears over 3/4 throttle.

Still waiting.

Merrick

Is it possible that this truck is a job 1 truck and needs to have the tcm upgrade? Just throwing it out there

ahhh,,, but if they didnt do the upgrade wouldnt it cause a similar issue? Im pretty new to the 6.4 scene myself LOL

I've already paid for the Elite. From what I've seen, Elite was highly recommended by members on another forum.

If they can't tune this truck, then I'll go with Spartan.

There is nothing wrong mechanically with this truck. Just the shifting tuning isn't setup correctly. Either too much gap, or too much overlap.

I'll keep yall updated.

Merrick

elite tuning is spartan tuning. just a different name.

Back