6.4 Performance parts...

MCummings

It's my name ^
Just bought a CAC pipe and 585 tune from RCD... Gotta get some Autometer Gauges. Looking for a triple overhead mount, Boost/EGT/Trans. Pointers?

Parts get here This coming Tuesday...

Gonna delete the DPF (Already has MBRP Duals and S&B Intake) after the 585 and CAC install.

Truck is already running the SCT extreme tune, but, it's uhm, not so extreme, LOL.

Allready have a full rebuilt trans, on hold, to go in when this one goes out.

Any other suggestions? I'm a 6.4 Newb, but been with Diesels for a few days...

Merrick

How much is a built trans for the new fords costing, if you dont mind me asking?

Keep an eye out for the latest tune revisions. We'll be adding some much needed rail pressure. It's about a half second reduction in 1/4 mile ET! :Cheer:

Built trans are running about $4-5k.

Cheapest trans was Diesel Innovation at $3,800... Great warrenty. (Includes precision triple converter)

Everybody I talked to is needing your trans, doing work to it, and shipping it back.. No core exchanges.

I talked to RCD, Elite, BD, Diesel Innovations, Goerend, and ATS.

As far as tunes. I'm interested in anything available.

Right now we have a 585 tune from RCD that we haven't uploaded to the truck yet..

Merrick

RCD Tune is not shifting right. Truck is not going past 3rd gear. When it tries to go into 4th, it just hits the rev limiter, and then is "limped" in 3rd gear until you cycle the ignition.

Any suggestions? RCD is saying they will have a new tune next week...

Merrick

RCDs tunes are great i'd say keep with them. I've seen some good things they've done with tuning.

Anything over 3/4 throttle and this truck will not go past 3rd gear. At 1/2 throttle it seriously "bangs" the 3-4 shift. My customer is not happy at all.

I'm trying to stay cool, but, seriously, it's crap.

Hopefully they will work it out, but they aren't very excited about it.

If they can't work it out, I'll buy the software myself and build my own tune.

Merrick

Finally. Seems like it.

I'll be honest, took some prying and threats, but, it seems to be better.

Has a nasty shift overlap right now, but, hopefully it'll learn itself out. We'll see.

The Charge Air Cooler pipe was on back order to infinity and beyond, so I just canceled that one...

Merrick

I have not.

I bought a Elite Diesel tune today. Since this thread started we have been fighting with RCD to get this truck to shift properly. Customer is not happy at all.

Gonna give Elite a try...

Tune should be here Tuesday.

Merrick

Not very happy with River City Diesel's customer service.

I was supposed to get a brand new tune they have been using on their shop trucks for the last 30,000 miles (oxymoron?). On Friday morning I was told I would receive it Monday. Monday 10am I call (My customer needs to take a trip out of town), they say Monday afternoon, I call Tuesday morning and they say they sent it, and blame email problems again, so here it is, Tuesday, 10pm, and still no tune, and they haven't answered my phone calls since my morning call. I can call with other phone numbers and they pick up immediately.

However, Elite Diesel has called me once to verify some information, and I have called them. I have made 5 calls total to Elite Diesel, one just ask a question, they picked up every time, and took the time to return my messages when no one was available.

So here I have a $300 tune from RCD that is completely useless. Out of my own pocket I bought Elite Diesel's tune just to try to make my customer happy. We'll see how this turns out.

My customer is fully aware of the situation, along with several other shops that he deals with. This has been a nightmare. My customer has invested over $50,000 into his truck, and through all his experiences with all his vehicles, he has never experienced any problems like this.

River City Diesel was immediately aware this truck did not shift right upon installation.

9-05-09 we installed the tune and alerted RCD about the problem, here we are 9-29-09 and they still have not taken care of the problem. We are still unable to remedy the situation through them.

Merrick

I would get a spartan if its an option they have high quality tunes and they dont release one until it is in perfect working order and if you have a problem it is taken care of ASAP.

I have an Elite tune on my 6.4L. I like it a lot. It runs a little hotter than my Innovative tune but the shifting is very good and the power is there. No numbers for it yet though...

I've already paid for the Elite. From what I've seen, Elite was highly recommended by members on another forum.

If they can't tune this truck, then I'll go with Spartan.

There is nothing wrong mechanically with this truck. Just the shifting tuning isn't setup correctly. Either too much gap, or too much overlap.

I'll keep yall updated.

Merrick

I don't deal with elite as they never seem to return my calls. Spartan is a joke with service as well.

Spectre, who is your favorite vendor?

I'm actually surprised as all heck right now, I received a RCD tune about an hour ago.

Need to sync up with the customer and see how this baby runs. :ugh:

Merrick

I don't deal with elite as they never seem to return my calls. Spartan is a joke with service as well.

i have had excellent service from spartan i heard they used to be pretty bad cause they were way understaffed but they are lots better now plus there tunes are awesome

man i have been hearing more and more bad stuff about RCD..........

Back