loping tune for 6.5

Woody35

what excalty do you have to change with efi live to get a dmax to lope. and would it be possible to get these parameters reflashed into my ecm for my 97 6.5.

i dont think you can even tune a 6.5, the PMD controlls injection timing doesn't it? i honestly dont know a whole lot about those motors

A 6.5 is not a duramax, does not have a Common Rail fuel system, does not have electronic injectors, and is still convinced that lap tops are the tools of the devil.

To get it to lope, you'll have to find someone with the software to tune it (Wester's Garage, Heath, or Kennedy) and see if they'll tune it to lope. Keep in mind though, that if you have it tuned to lope, it will lope all the time, since switch on the fly isn't out there for OBD-II 6.5's yet. I'll be working on tuning my truck here shortly, and a lope tune will be something I'll be working on. I'm not positive how well it'll work though, or what exactly needs to be done, but it is definatly possible. Hopefully it's as easy as the Duramax.

You can advance the timing on it some, 4.2 is stock you can advance it to around 4.7 and be fine. Heath Diesel has a Max E tq computer that you can put in it. with there waste gate controller also. Put a set of marie injecoters in it. I'll tell you know with a 6.5 make sure your cooling system is up to pare or you'll be putting new heads on it. They will crack between the vavles. You can also take injection lines off of mid 80's 6.2 on it and it will raise the psi to the injectors. There's more you can do to them it just takes lots of dollars, Now for the bad its still a 6.5

im not new to the 6.5 scene. i know all about them and i know you cant switch tunes as of now. i was just wondering what you had to do in efi live to get a dmax to lope so i could to go to kennedy, westers, and heath and ask them to get me a custom reflash and give them some helpful hints on how to get it to work.

Don't you know it's cool for your truck to sound like there's something wrong with it?

i guess not. reminds me of the time i was at a pull in NW ohio.. i was bullchittin with a guy and some kid he knows walks up and is like "im pullin my dads dmax... its got a lope tune im gonna kick some ass!!" hahaha WTF. i tried telling him that a lope tune doesnt add any more power. but he argued that it did. needless to say he didnt win.

hahaha. obviously he thought thats how it worked. i tried to burst his bubble.. but he wasnt havin it. he swore it was the most awesome tune ever. he just kept sayin "it lopes like a mod truck so...." i mean im not knockin on the dmax. obviously they can make some power..but its not the lope tune!! they just arent for me..

so you guys know what they modify in the fuel tables to get a lopey idle or would it be easier to get bigger injecction lines and kill my driveablilty

im just courious..... whats the point of a lope tune? why would one want a lope tune? i just dont get that at all. id rather spend my money on tunes that will actually improve performance.

it would be a tune with a lopey idle that does have performance. 6.5s can easily max out the injection pumps ablitlity to flow more fuel with a simple tune so there is not a lot of custom reflashes anymore. it would be something different with the lopey idle but still keep the performance

so you guys know what they modify in the fuel tables to get a lopey idle or would it be easier to get bigger injecction lines and kill my driveablilty

Been a long time since I looked at one; but it wasn't anything controllable with a 6.5's computer IIRC

Back