Helix 2 vs MaxSpool? Opinions

Holy schmokes...two hours later and I still don't know any more about either of the cams...

I've got messages out to greg and also to don...so I guess I'll see soon who wants to enlighten me on their cam and possibly sell another cam...

No joke I want the 1.5hrs back of my life

I know the H2 is lighter than the stocker - sure makes it easier to stab that last journal w/o a handle...:hehe:

I have a Helix 2 and love it,dont know anything about the Maxspool or any other cam. Would not trade the helix for any other cam because it works in my set up.

So after reading this pointless pissing match between people acting like 3 year olds, does someone want to give me some ACTUAL info and results of cams for a 12V?

Must have missed it. I read the whole thing. Must have got mixed up in all the other BS. Thanks for the reply.

What I want to know is........IS ANY CAM REALLY WORTH THE $ PARTS AND LABOR FOR A DAILY DRIVER WITH TWINS THAT USED FOR RACING FOR FUN???

I dont care which cam we're talking about.....Is it Worth it???

What I want to know is........IS ANY CAM REALLY WORTH THE $ PARTS AND LABOR FOR A DAILY DRIVER WITH TWINS THAT USED FOR RACING FOR FUN???

I dont care which cam we're talking about.....Is it Worth it???

For the cost and labor involved, probably not. A nitrous kit will net you far better gains. For those wanting to make ALL that they can on fuel alone, a cam is the last step to help control egt's and gain a little power with better driveability.

The money spent on a cam without all of the other necessary components in place, would be a waste. If you have already taken care of electronics, fuel and air, then YES, the next logical step would be a camshaft.

For the cost and labor involved, probably not. A nitrous kit will net you far better gains. For those wanting to make ALL that they can on fuel alone, a cam is the last step to help control egt's and gain a little power with better driveability.

The money spent on a cam without all of the other necessary components in place, would be a waste. If you have already taken care of electronics, fuel and air, then YES, the next logical step would be a camshaft.

Thank you Sir,

Sounds like something I will WANT but more than likely won't NEED for just playing and having fun!!!

Thanks again!

Back