2015 Texas Diesel Nationals, Ennis TX Roll Call

Really have to smile with the 10.90 turn out where are all the trucks that wanted this class that have been sitting on the sideline because they don't want to run 11.90 and don't feel they can compete in SS? Looks like a total of 7 truck and only 5 of them made round one and none closer to 10.90 than 11.2. Pretty damn pathetic!!

Your statement is incorrect sir.. I ran a 11.0x, a bye run 13.x, and a 10.9x in semi finals.

I didn't see mention of the Warren County Diesel boys anywhere so I thought I'd give some flowers.

Somewhere in the third hour they actually got the thing to make what looked like a half a pass

I'd be curious as to what they ran in the eighth...truck looked strong especially for what it weighs.

Pedal fest... Got me napping on the light lol. I got a hell of a good video of it from the stands on my facebook.

Your statement is incorrect sir.. I ran a 11.0x, a bye run 13.x, and a 10.9x in semi finals.

I think I corrected that congratulations. As I said didn't pay any attention to the eliminations as it's fender racing for the most part and times don't mean much.

I'd be curious as to what they ran in the eighth...truck looked strong especially for what it weighs.

Good point on the weight. I was astonished when they told us.

Also a good point on the 1/8th mile et. I would have to guess very low 5's or maybe high 4's as that thing was moving out just before something went bad.

Also a good point on the 1/8th mile et. I would have to guess very low 5's or maybe high 4's as that thing was moving out just before something went bad.

No offense but I'd put it on scales before I'd believe a fairy tale. ...funny car spec is only good to 2800-3000 lbs. Iirc

as far as speed ask for a time slip...they ain't gold. Lol

Just watching it go down the track shows me it has major issues that need to be addressed before it enters another event for saftey reasons

Great event , I feel the weather scared a lot of people off this year and its understandable. 10.90 class was a blast, was hoping to do better than I did guess my torque converter had other ideas. Hope NHRDA keeps this class will only get bigger with time.

I heard it was somewhere around 3800, but that was before the truck was even finished....it does look fast though, in this video from a few years ago, it looks like it's keeping up with Darren pretty good until they lifted at about 300 feet.

As a side note, two diesels rolling into the clutch while staging is just the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAAV9zU4rlM

I heard it was somewhere around 3800, but that was before the truck was even finished....it does look fast though, in this video from a few years ago, it looks like it's keeping up with Darren pretty good until they lifted at about 300 feet.

As a side note, two diesels rolling into the clutch while staging is just the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAAV9zU4rlM

He was ahead of him till about 300' from looks of it. Prolly has a low 5 in it.

What ever happened to darrens truck? did he sell it? I miss seeing Darrens truck at the races

I asked to run qualifying as a single, after seeing that thing run I was glad I did that....

LOL

I heard it was somewhere around 3800

IIRC, they told me it was north of 4000 lbs.

I can't help but like the 'old school' tech they've got going on and making some serious power.

He was ahead of him till about 300' from looks of it. Prolly has a low 5 in it.

It went in the high 5s like 5 years ago, I think you're right it's probably low 5s now....why did you think the truck looked so bad on the live feed? Looks like it just went a little sideways out of the hole...

Back