Carbon Fiber Work

I still need to ship your that SRT-10 hood scoop insert to see if you can remake it out of carbon fiber. PM me your address and I'll get it shipped to you asap.
Leonard

I know Id be interested in a carbon fiber dash.. I was thinking of trying it myself with a UV resistant resin. But to do it properly requires a LOT of work and vacuum bagging it to avoid air bubbles. More time than Id want to invest for a one-off project.
I could shortcut it and try pouring it on and using a squeegee, but thats gonna look like crap. Or soak it and lay it on wet.
Might just get a new one and reinforce it from the underside with fiberglass and resin

Do you have images of your autoclave? Do you use an autoclave?

I don't use an autoclave, which is commonly used with prepreg materials. I use vacuum infusion method, 100% carbon fiber. This process yields a 30-70 resin to material ratio. Lighter stronger and very cost effective.

I don't use an autoclave, which is commonly used with prepreg materials. I use vacuum infusion method, 100% carbon fiber. This process yields a 30-70 resin to material ratio. Lighter stronger and very cost effective.

Ah... Thank you.

I know Id be interested in a carbon fiber dash.. I was thinking of trying it myself with a UV resistant resin. But to do it properly requires a LOT of work and vacuum bagging it to avoid air bubbles. More time than Id want to invest for a one-off project.
I could shortcut it and try pouring it on and using a squeegee, but thats gonna look like crap. Or soak it and lay it on wet.
Might just get a new one and reinforce it from the underside with fiberglass and resin

The dash I want to make is going to fit like an O/E dash but be different. By different I mean custom, not a one off but something for everyone. It's not easy, if it was everyone would be doing it. If you do it I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks again Randy!! They fit like a glove, now I just gotta wait till it warms up so I can clean the whole thing

u7e8u7az.jpg

ge2e2a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back