Swole...Again!

When it warms up its baby smooth?
What is the compression ratio with those monotherms installed?
Seems weird man a broken ring or tweaked rod doesn't usually go away with higher temps.
None the less good luck. I don't know WTF to say ....
Oh.... and... your not running the fracture split rods with those heavy assed pistons are you?

Yes, it runs very smooth when warm with the exception of a slight stumble just off idle or right off no boost...When boost comes on it seem to pur like it always did.. Very weird..

The monotherms were made to be in the 16.5:1 range according to Eric with Mahle...But I also used the slightly thicker ( two hole ) HG with this build due to being paranoid about valve clearance with this Fletcher DP3 cam..

I was thinking the same thing about the ring / rod senario... If it wasn't for the using oil and having more blow by than we'd like, I dang sure wouldn't be rushing to pull the motor...

BTW, I put those new cross tubes in and that crank case filter on top of the VC... None made a difference... I would say money wasted but at least I can rule those out too!

NO Sir in the CR rods...These are polished, lightened, balanced, & radiused VP Rods...

I hear that they are coming it with new software so thet when your commonrail engine melts down, you just push the reset button and everything goes back to the way it was before the meltdown.

LOL

That was funny!!
But I DO like the idea!! A Mulligan Switch if you will....lol

I was trying to be polite Saturday night on the phone, but now I can tell you what you need to hear. Finish the damn thing!:lolly:Tear it down , and fix it. I hate that it happened, but the longer you sit around worrying about it, the less work gets done on it. If you must sell it though, DIBS ON THE VALVE COVER.

Hopefully this will inspire you, and you will get it going soon. If I can help, let me know

LOL

I know man! Quit my *****in and get to work, hun??

Okay, you got the VC and Unbroken has the Monotherms if I decide to pull the plug.... lol

i want the exhaust....i need one bad:lolly:

Prob. keep the exhaust Brah!! I'm not going back to stock That Far!! lol

No offense but I have zero dibs on any part that has been installed touched or been within a 25 mile radius of that truck.

^^^^ This is the Smart guy here!! LOL

I wouldn't blame ya man...!
Trust me though...It's not the truck, the parts, the work, or whatever.. It's just ME man!! My freakin luck!!

I was put here to entertain you folks with stories of carnage and dispear....How am I doin folks???? lol

Great! To be honest I feel as though Im in a dream. You just cant make this Sh!t up.

I want the twins if you pull the plug!!:lolly::poke::badidea:LOL

Swole...two words buddy... Twelve Valve...

I caught wind of this a while ago but kept it under my hat, if you need anything man just give me a shout

When it warms up its baby smooth?
What is the compression ratio with those monotherms installed?
Seems weird man a broken ring or tweaked rod doesn't usually go away with higher temps.
None the less good luck. I don't know WTF to say ....
Oh.... and... your not running the fracture split rods with those heavy assed pistons are you?

I agree I was going to ask the same. My truck dose the same and i have 14.5-15:1. I think your motor may have been set up loose causing the oil problem.

Last edited:
I agree I was going to ask the same. My truck dose the same and i have 14.5-15:1. I think your motor may have been set up loose causing the oil problem.

My first motor with .100 cut off the top was lower than this...Never did it

The first 1000 miles on this motor with my orig. Flux 3.8's and it didn't do this...

Piston to Wall was .004 or so...Not to tight I'd say.. Now the mono's don't expand like stockers do though..

This happened right after the tip split and it was down for a while...Been doing it ever since..

Swole-

Sorry to hear, know how you feel.

Get you a 12v to beat on and hot rod. And get you a dmax to drive as your dd. Got me an lbz a month ago, and im loving it!

WILD Shot in the dark here!!! And NOT trying to say anything here, just asking.....

Right after my tip spit and it went back together is when I installed the REV-X stuff....

Since the motor may or may not have been fully broken in, Is the ANY way that the super slick RevX had anything to do with this??

Best of luck man. My last truck I had was a nightmare I ended up selling it and buying another truck. I don't have half the problems now.

judas man......that thing has been nothing but a headache from the get go.....i'll quit b!itching about all the problems i've had with mine now! LOL. i just have to complain becasue my starter went out today and its putting down snow about an inch an hour and im headed back out to put my new starter in.......out in the focking snow LOL

Sure sounds like a tweeked rod to me. Wouldn't be hard to do with that split nozzle spraying a bunch of fuel way advanced.

When I blew a injector solenoid and drained the rail to that one cylinder on a HARD pull there was definitely what I will call a "few hits" were the fuel ignited WAY early, then I think there was just so much it cooled the cylinder and was just a CHIT storm of raw white smoke.

Seems logical that after the injector is when the issue started.

However the oil consumption is a bit troubling....

Does the oil filler cap "dance" if you leave it loose? Usually a sure sign you have a one off ring seal issue.

Sure sounds like a tweeked rod to me. Wouldn't be hard to do with that split nozzle spraying a bunch of fuel way advanced.

When I blew a injector solenoid and drained the rail to that one cylinder on a HARD pull there was definitely what I will call a "few hits" were the fuel ignited WAY early, then I think there was just so much it cooled the cylinder and was just a CHIT storm of raw white smoke.

Seems logical that after the injector is when the issue started.

However the oil consumption is a bit troubling....

Does the oil filler cap "dance" if you leave it loose? Usually a sure sign you have a one off ring seal issue.

That exactly what happened...

Cruising at about 80 or so... All the sudden, lots of weird and LOUD noise coming from the firewall / engine bay area and then I looked in the rear view mirror!! IT WAS SO WHITE FROM THE SMOKE, I COULD SEE ANYTHING BEHIND ME!!

I'm sure the traffic behind me were litteraly just praying they didn't hit anything...There NO way they could see...

It was dumping a LOT of fuel....

BTW, NO my cap will not dance at all... The blow by is Not that bad really.. Just a good bit of smoke just flows out of it at idle.. But I am getting some oil into the breather on top of the VC and there slight bit getting down the tube...Just not dripping badly yet... hitting my front axle..

I guess I will be the a$$hole here. Time to find a new builder. It's obvious it's not working.

It was ME!!!
Other than doing it at Jeff's shop and having So many great folks helping me with certain parts, The work was done by me!! :shake:

Jeff was always there if I need a question answered. He did teach me, but I did most all the work..

How is this a builder issue.. We don't even have it open yet?

( Not pissed at your post man, just playing along... :) )

The time before that was a donated NGM short block with my old head and I assembled the whole thing.. The melt down was finally narrowed down to three possible things or combination ( bad PPE dual fuel controller, bad RP sensor, found at start up of the new build, and / or the wiring harness on my MP8 that I found had come apart at one lead) Again, not a builder issue..

Last edited:
My first motor with .100 cut off the top was lower than this...Never did it

The first 1000 miles on this motor with my orig. Flux 3.8's and it didn't do this...

Piston to Wall was .004 or so...Not to tight I'd say.. Now the mono's don't expand like stockers do though..

This happened right after the tip split and it was down for a while...Been doing it ever since..

If i remember correct jeff made the PTW 7-8 thou? with the monotherms. which is more than i run in my stuff, but it shouldent be a oil guzzzler brcause of it...

WILD Shot in the dark here!!! And NOT trying to say anything here, just asking.....

Right after my tip spit and it went back together is when I installed the REV-X stuff....

Since the motor may or may not have been fully broken in, Is the ANY way that the super slick RevX had anything to do with this??
All of the problems your describing is what RevX cures on Ford's:hehe:

Sorry for your luck.

Back