2015 ppl 2.6 rules

isudiesel

I realize the 2014 season isn't over yet, but we cracked a piston in the truck and are done for the year. The upcoming rebuild got me thinking about the rules for 2015.

Any projected changes to the rules for 2015?

Good luck with the rest of the year.

33x12.50 single tires all around, 7000lbs and see who can set the chassis up and drive the best. 6500lbs if you can get the trucks down to that (doubt it).

Rockwells would be the best change. Ring and pinion every three hooks is getting old.

I thought the new stronger ring and pinion sets were lasting longer or is everyone changing them before they break?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rockwells would be the best change. Ring and pinion every three hooks is getting old.

I agree 100%. We can run one locally and it is the best thing we ever done. Actually cheaper in the long run. If they aren't going to cut the power back something has to give.

Even a lot of the guys who are running better ones that have been treated can't get a whole season out of them. It adds 0 performance to the truck, if anything it take a bit more power to turn them and they are a little heavier. Unless you look under it you can't tell it has it.

Last edited:
Lower the weight limit, get rid of some of the tire in the back and breakage will go down. The truck will not hook as hard which will put less stress on the drivetrain. Small tire/lighter weight. And if you really don't want to break rear axles shorten the trucks, only allow regular cabs.

Lower the weight limit, get rid of some of the tire in the back and breakage will go down. The truck will not hook as hard which will put less stress on the drivetrain. Small tire/lighter weight. And if you really don't want to break rear axles shorten the trucks, only allow regular cabs.
Be realistic man.... Only reg cabs? Axles aren't a common problem. Ring and pinion are.

Regular cab won't work. You will have about 10 trucks in 2.6 since 95% are ext or crew cab trucks. You could go down to 7800. I can only hang about 500 plus water and ice on ours

Changing them when they are cracked super bad. Every 3 hooks is the normal

I believe some of the crazy rearend bracing some of these trucks run has something to do with r&p breakage too. If they are setup wrong I believe they will some case flexing. And I watched a lot of trucks at sdx that have some horrible chassis work that causes bouncing at the end and then drive line goes bang. I'd say leave the rules alone and make everyone work on their setups.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Be realistic man.... Only reg cabs? Axles aren't a common problem. Ring and pinion are.

Right, it won't happen, but if you don't want breakage at this current power level then something has to change. Axle was referring to the rear axle as a whole, so ring and pinion included.

To stop driveline breakage, cut power back or cut traction back. Two options, neither will be done.

I've wondered about putting/allowing planetaries on a 80/AAM to get them to hold up.

It'd be nice to figure out a gearing combo to leave the front axle alone other than ring and pinion.

Open drive drive line makes no difference in power. Just cost less in the long. It would be nice to not worry about drive line failure.

Back