Datalogger Memory Stick Options

Which USB Drive should we offer with the Standalone Datalogger?

• Bottle Opener

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Slim with separate cover

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Key shaped

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

Michael

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are getting ready to launch the new ISSPRO Performax Stand-alone Datalogger (which will allow datalogging without having the PC in the truck). We are going to include a USB drive with the datalogger (complete with ISSPRO logo), and we need to pick from a few options for the drive.

Here is a shot of the datalogger itself, it will fit on your key ring (pictured next to the key fob from my TDI Jetta):
CIMG0124.jpg

Option #1 is mostly aluminum with a retractable USB connector, and it doubles as a bottle opener.
Pop_Series_main_gb.jpg

Option #2 is a slim aluminum-clad model with a conventional removable cover:
Halo_Series_main_gb.jpg

Option #3 is a slim key-shaped version:
Key_Series_main_gb.jpg

Which of these would you prefer? They are all pretty close in price when ordering in bulk, but we need to make them all the same style to get a decent price.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

Thanks for the quick input, keep it coming! All of the options will have some way of attaching to a key ring (if you're worried about losing it).

Another vote for #2 Michael
I need to let James know about these!!! He needs one for the Red Rocket so he does not have to strap a laptop into the passenger seat. If this works as well as your performax gauges you will have a hit on your hands :clap:

Sweet, thats a great option! I take it press the button and your logging (green light or something comes on)? Press it again logging stops....

The data's time referenced at least with the computer so all you would have to do is make little notes of what you did when.....

I like the time reference as well so I can join data between the Perfomax and Nira. Or comparing to dyno runs running a clock.

The standalone datalogger will retail for about $100, maybe a little more depending on how much the USB drive costs. You will also need the Performax ESP controller and one sensor & harness for each channel (which you would already have if you have the Performax gauge system).

Here's the basic functionality: You plug it in to the gauge databus (either unplug one of your Performax gauges or add a separate connector for the datalogger), and plug the USB drive into it. You press the button when you want to start recording (and the LED starts flashing to indicate that it is recording), then press it again to stop. Since this thing is self-contained, we don't have a real-time clock, so we just record relative time from the start of the recording. You can press it again and start another recording, it just creates another file on the drive. You can record as much as you want until the drive fills up (something like 30 hours at the current rate of 5 samples/second, with a 2 GB drive). You can use any USB drive, but ours will come with the PC conversion software on it. On the PC you will have a simple utility installed, that lets you read the files from the USB drive and convert them to Excel spreadsheets. At the time of conversion you can pick which channels you want in the spreadsheet (the raw file includes data from all channels, including those that don't have any sensors connected on the ESP). You can then use Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice's spreadsheet (or any similar application) to graph your results. We are looking at adding some built-in graphing in a later release.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them up!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Last edited:
I lose the caps as well, so in my opinion retractable without the bottle opener is the way to go. They also do some that fold open and close which would be ok.

I can't believe this group of drunks isnt all over that bottle opener.

Make pass, go to pit, remove stick, open beer, insert in computer.....duh.

Micheal say i guy didnt have the gauges etc. What would it cost him to put the whole set up in his truck. boost, egt,trans, drive pressure,fuel pressure with stuff to log it.

Voted for the second one. I like the cap.....keeps junk out of it. I'd just have to figure out a way to get a better ridge on there so the cap doesn't come off.

The bottle opener is cool, but I'd be afraid to fukk it up while in inebriation mode.

Micheal say i guy didnt have the gauges etc. What would it cost him to put the whole set up in his truck. boost, egt,trans, drive pressure,fuel pressure with stuff to log it.

Just got back from PRI show, will try to look up some rough numbers.

The bottle opener is cool, but I'd be afraid to fukk it up while in inebriation mode.

Don't worry, I have completed extensive testing on this subject, and the test unit still works. Damn, I should turn in the cost of those beers as part of my test budget!

How hard would it be for Isspro to come up with a color screen or CTS instead of the gauges?

Another gauge that I would like to see is a air filter minder.

Back