Datalogger Memory Stick Options

Which USB Drive should we offer with the Standalone Datalogger?

• Bottle Opener

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Slim with separate cover

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Key shaped

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
We have been looking into the color screen option, but it is a lower priority project at this point.

We have looked into getting a sensor to have an air filter restriction gauge as part of Performax. I would be interested to use it to look at intake restriction going down the track. We already make mechanical air filter restriction gauges for a few OEMs, is this something you would be interested in?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It would definitely be interested in it. That way I'll know for sure if my filter really needs cleaning, or if cleaning or replacing made any difference.

When I installed my AFE stg. II kit I opted not to install the OEM filter minder as there were many reports of malfunctioning indicating early restriction on new filters.

Another good use would be for anyone looking to upgrade airflow to see if the OEM filter and filter box design truly are a limiting factor before spending their hard earned money on aftermarket intakes.

We have some initial circuit boards built, but the damn housings that arrived are less than acceptable (as well as being white instead of black). If someone really wants one at this time, we may ship them out with the crappy-fitting white housings, and just ship them a replacement housing when we get them corrected. As another delay, the engineer working on the housings has left the company, and her replacement just started today. I had someone else working on it in the interim, but he has been too busy to get much done on it. Hopefully the new guy can pick it up and work with the supplier to get them fixed up quickly.

We are still waiting on the revised tooling and new housings, although we have shipped a ton of them with the poor-fitting housing. We're supposed to get samples of the revised housing at the end of this week.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We don't sell the Performax system direct from the factory, but we supply the Datalogger as a "rebate" for anyone that buys the ESP controller and either 3 gauges (which comes with the sensors and harnesses), or 5 sensors/harnesses (for those who are just datalogging). The ESP is ISSPRO R82000, you can google that and probably find a few dealers with online prices. The pressure sensor is R89141, pressure sensor harness is R72012, temp sensor is R89966, temp sensor harness is R72011, thermocouple (pyro sensor) is R658SHT-8F-PL, and thermocouple harness is R66055 (for 5' length) or R66088 (for 8' length).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Well I have yet to install my gauges but plan on doing so soon so hopefully I can get one of the new dataloggers. What will I need to do to allow for hookup of the datalogger?

Just make sure the orange, white and black wires (the 3 that run to the gauges) pass by a good spot for the datalogger. You'll want it in a spot you can glance down to look at it, to make sure you started the recording! Several passes this past weekend I launched, then looked down to realize I hadn't started the dang thing yet! The nice thing is that with the compressed data format, you can record a ton of data on a typical USB drive (about 23 hours onto a 2GB drive), so you can just get in the habit of starting the recording when you start the truck.

No, unfortunately there are no outputs. However, this device is so small you can rig up a mount just about anywhere you want in your line of sight. When running the DirtyMax truck I had it zip tied to the roll cage right in front of me, so I couldn't miss it. I would probably mount it with Velcro for a better set-up.

Currently I have mine velcroed to the top of my a-pillar gauge pod. It's on the flat part of the gauge pod on the top gauge. Easy to see, and easy to reach, even with the 5 point harness on.

Paul

BTW, we just got a batch of the improved housings for them. Still a couple of sink marks (indentations on a surface that should be smooth), but they look MUCH better. We're thinking of putting a little bit of texture on them, after playing with them we realized that they can get slippery being so smooth. I may have them leave the back smooth for velcro adhesive though.

Jacobus - I'll check on that on Monday.

Gwoody - yes, it will datalog RP on a CR Dodge, you just need the harness to "piggyback" with the factory RP sensor (comes with a Performax RP gauge).

Back