This is the one I'm looking at. Jegs has it for $514

Fluidyne#091-DB-30613
Enduro Trans Cooler With Fan/Shroud
Double Pass
Dimensions: 15'' x 15'' x 9''
Inlet/Outlet (2) 1/2'' NPT and (1) 1/2'' NPT
600cfm 11'' Fan
Weight: 17.5lbs

Seems it would have more CFM for a 515 dollar cooler. Too much money for me to justify. Double pass is nice though.

Mishimoto has also released these.

http://www.mishimoto.com/universal-25-row-dual-pass-oil-cooler.html

Too bad they don't have a fan mounted on them. -10 inlets and outlets.

They have universal fans. Not sure if it would fit that particular cooler. They also have a single pass 25 row for 240. I didn't see those when I linked a cooler earlier from their site. I just like the warranty!

Not sure how the price stacks up against the other ones posted
http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/274P

Looks nice actually.

Last edited:
Dont waste your money on a tube and fin cooler, they are cheaper but do not work half as good as the bar and plate design.
This is the case for a high performance trans with high psi at least.

And you suggest?

I don't know what doing but if you have the room to fit it, a junkyard ford 6.0L transcooler with some cheap fans controls the heat in my race truck no problem. 2 fin and tube derale trans coolers were pathetic.

Dont waste your money on a tube and fin cooler, they are cheaper but do not work half as good as the bar and plate design.
This is the case for a high performance trans with high psi at least.

I agree, have tried both and there is no comparison.

I run the fluidyne with the fan/shroud

qu9yjy2y.jpg

Love mine

I'm possibly doing a transmission swap with a member on here my 5spd for his auto stuff. Should I just not even bother with the factory cooler/heat exchanger and order some type of aftermarket cooler to run under the truck?

I ordered the BD.
The derale is fine, i just wanted the best i could get for the race truck. I'll put the derale on my 08', its just a dd truck.

Thanks for the tip, i got it without the install kit. My current setup already uses a manual fan and ha stainless braided lines so everything will just swap over.

Sent from my fphone

Last edited:
I ordered the BD.
The derale is fine, i just wanted the best i could get for the race truck. I'll put the derale on my 08', its just a dd truck.

Thanks for the tip, i got it without the install kit. My current setup already uses a manual fan and ha stainless braided lines so everything will just swap over.

Sent from my fphone

I noticed a 30* drop daily driving. Never got above 170* even in Nashville traffic in 100* weather. I used to have overheating issues at the track. With the cooler it never got above 190* at the track. Before it would hit 190-200 within 2-3 passes.

BD double stack 5/8" here and it keeps my race truck trans cool with no issues. Ive got 2 derale's in series on our other truck and they work good just take up more space etc. I will continue using the bd coolers on my stuff from here on out nice piece. I however did not use there install kit I mounted to bottom of bed fit perfect between the bed cross supports and then ran -10an female to -8an male reducer with -8an hose up to -8an to 1/4" npt fittings in trans.

I got my BD cooler already (Jegs is super fast), very nice looking quality. I thought i ordered the new extruded fin design.. I guess not, its still nice though.

i am running the bd double stack kit comes with 1/2 inch or 5/8 has the 800 cfm fan works like a champ.

Back