PPE GT40R initial Dyno - 670.8rwhp 1415tq

OK boss! :D

Just doing alittle "fact correction" on ol' Steve. Unlike with Diesel Power Magazine, he cannot control what is posted here. It's refreshing to have a level playing field for a change.

Seems another "drag day" is in order. Maybe we can get Steve to bring his trailer queen to beat up on my grossly underweight #2-only tow truck.

No, I'm not planning on driving to Atlanta for a grudge race.

Come on Pat, I'll be there, and getting to see my antics is worth the price of admission alone LOL

McRat said:
This thread is about the dyno test on the GT40R. Drag testing was done at LACR. Your truck dyno'd 720 and ran 11.95 at LACR. Casper dyno'd 670 and ran 11.89 there. Allowing for the weight difference, I'd say the numbers are on the same base.

Back at the mag shootout, IIRC, Casper ran ~12.6x with 58x HP. So I added 90 hp and dropped 0.8. Sounds right, eh?

Seems everytime I do any testing you are sticking your nose in and slamming the tests. The problem with this is Casper is not the only truck running my tuning past 650hp on fuel. Even on a Dynojet, it's in the 670's.

So now you would like to compare Nick's 721 run from the Diesel Power Challenge at LACR instead of the Fontana results, that's fine. Nick's truck is 7400 lbs and is a crew cab and it ran 12.0 and it won the event. Let's look at 2nd place since that was a TTS truck as well Doug's truck is 7300 lbs and is a crew cab 687hp and ran a 12.1. Now your results 500 Hp not 58x and a 12.6 and you were what 5th. If that's what you call an underachiever I can live with it.

The result are in the Sept.2006 Diesel Power pg. 100 where did yours come from as they have the McRat adjustment factor added to them again!
As I said in the beginning you can make the dyno read what you want if you know how too and that's just Advertising Hype.

Patty the TS Shoot Out is not in Atlanta

Diesel Tech said:
... Now your results 500 Hp not 58x and a 12.6 and you were what 5th. ...

Ask Nick or Doug what Casper dyno'd there. I have no reason to lie.

Not sure why David Kennedy wrote down in DP mag I made 500HP when he knew the real numbers. Perhaps you should ask him. I already know the answer. I called him, and he confirmed he put in the wrong numbers. He kinda giggled when he said it. Isn't he running a free TTS tune in his Dmax? Oh, that's RIGHT!

I was the quickest truck there on #2. But "someone" insisted to Kennedy that it be a drug war since "someone" cannot make competitive #2 power. The majority of the trucks wanted a #2 only battle.

McRat said:
Ask Nick or Doug what Casper dyno'd there. I have no reason to lie.

Not sure why David Kennedy wrote down in DP mag I made 500HP when he knew the real numbers. Perhaps you should ask him. I already know the answer. I called him, and he confirmed he put in the wrong numbers. He kinda giggled when he said it. Isn't he running a free TTS tune in his Dmax? Oh, that's RIGHT!

I was the quickest truck there on #2. But "someone" insisted to Kennedy that it be a drug war since "someone" cannot make competitive #2 power. The majority of the trucks wanted a #2 only battle.

Patty when does it stop, you lost plain and simple. Now more excuses and you wonder why I question your claims! Your test methods are a joke at best and you know it. Nick and Doug ran stock motors with stock turbochargers. then the two Dodges that beat you too must have been cheating as well, give me a break.
When you filled out the entry form what did it say............ "RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG" you just did not bring enough. There were 10 trucks used and 8 of the 10 used drugs in one form or another and you were one of them, so I'm sure no one want to use drugs :Throwup: . Since no one was running #2 only and keeping track of it we will never know who was the quickest. Now you claim that David Kennedy has a duramax and has a free TTS tune..... wrong again! Banks was the major sponcer and was at the event TTS was not.
See you at the TS Performance Shoot Out

Dynos, transmissions, oil and other products seem to bring out the best in folks.

One can always tell the noobs: inflate or deflate numbers, sell parts cheaper than anyone else, and posts that are seemingly written by the comatose.

Ive noticed everything shakes out on the Cummins side. Some faster than others. Some burn bright for a few months, even years, but their ability and reality eventually catches up to them.

Well, it certainly was a nice chat Steve.

Gotta go and put another charger on though.

Let me know when you get a truck within 2000 mi of here that you want to run. You know me, I'm always up for a race.

Don:

Been racing since 1976 and have 10lb of titanium body parts and a few dead friends. Yep, I could croak in a few months or few years, that's between God and I. Been in business for 14 years working with race teams around the country. Just started the diesel thingy though. So far so good, but we are just getting up to speed.

Don M said:
Ive noticed everything shakes out on the Cummins side. Some faster than others. Some burn bright for a few months, even years, but their ability and reality eventually catches up to them.

Well said, TTS has been in the performance aftermarket since 1981. It's our only business and we will be around for along time to come.

fellas lets get this back on topic. Though fun to watch it is way off topic ! It is starting to sound like a school .........

McRat said:
Well, it certainly was a nice chat Steve.

Gotta go and put another charger on though.

Let me know when you get a truck within 2000 mi of here that you want to run. You know me, I'm always up for a race.

Don:

Been racing since 1976 and have 10lb of titanium body parts and a few dead friends. Yep, I could croak in a few months or few years, that's between God and I. Been in business for 14 years working with race teams around the country. Just started the diesel thingy though. So far so good, but we are just getting up to speed.

Just and FYI. I did not mean to imply you were/are not experienced or a noob. I dont know you, but I have seen your name on the boards for years. Certainly you know more than many on the DMAX.

My original post to this thread was after another fella asked about CF. I mearly stated the number differences I saw from Dyno to Dyno. Nothin more, no politics, etc.

:Cheer:

Don M said:
My original post to this thread was after another fella asked about CF. I mearly stated the number differences I saw from Dyno to Dyno. Nothin more, no politics, etc.

I appreciated your post Don M. I have quite a bit of experience with a Mustang dyno here in the Rockies that used a "SAE" CF that averaged about 8% and I know of a nearby Superflow that used "STP" that equated to 17%. The Superflow "STP" CF may or may not have been a fluke. That's why I asked for a CF and or uncorrected #s, to see if it was a trend with STP. I was also hoping that someone more experienced with Superflows and/or STP, like yourself, would help shed light on it for me.

all stock 40/88's are 52 trim on the compressor side and 78 trim on the turbine side. Hope this helps!

ok i saw some 40/88 with 54 trims and some other sites listed this with a 67mm inducer but after doing the math its a little smaller , the turbo is rated for 750 on gas flywheel yr pushing close to that now on diesel , on diesel it would make less skeptics say 100 to 200 less

Rods,
I dont understand your question, Could you please try and better explain what you are trying to ask? Thanks

Dan

Back