upgraded ecm for the vp's!

I nver tried that. I was only trying to see if the pump can retard timing enough to make up for the movement. It can't.

Another thing is that the signal pulse of the vp44. Anything above 4300rpm, no box available on the market today is gonna keep up. Thats why Redline boxes go into "timeout" mode, missed a injection signal.

Did he ever finish? After one of the hurricanes came through he abandoned the project and never finished.

Not that I've heard of. The website is down. I have most of it saved somewhere. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

Mostly I just posted it in case someone was interested in starting the project again. It might help get them started.

Just imagine what these thing would do without the defuel redline box doesn't count I think a lot more can be.done on the inside of that ecm then we think.

Just imagine what these thing would do without the defuel redline box doesn't count I think a lot more can be.done on the inside of that ecm then we think.

I agree. Believe me, I want to see something happen. These CR's are getting crazy and its getting harder and harder to keep up. I think next year is gonna be the last year for me hanging with a vp. Then I'm gonna have to do something. I keep saying that every year though. LOL

in order to take advantage of the ECM its gonna take a better pump, something even more advanced/capable than the monster and dragon fire pumps. it can be done, but its gonna be big money. prolly be cheaper to build a 13mm p-pump...but the diehard vp guys will throw money at anything to gain 1 hp...just look at things like the tunnel ram intake LOL

Not trying to be a dikk, but I have more respect for a vp truck holding its own on the track, then driving home than I do for a p-pumped puller. P-pumps are king, but who can't build a good running p-pump truck? Vp trucks are a joke to alot of people because they can't pull big rpms. I saw alot of p-pumps lose to a local guy turning 3600rpm with his vp. He was pulling 4lo 4th running 3.55 gears and won a prostreet pull.

Not trying to be a dikk, but I have more respect for a vp truck holding its own on the track, then driving home than I do for a p-pumped puller. P-pumps are king, but who can't build a good running p-pump truck? Vp trucks are a joke to alot of people because they can't pull big rpms. I saw alot of p-pumps lose to a local guy turning 3600rpm with his vp. He was pulling 4lo 4th running 3.55 gears and won a prostreet pull.

Then sell the VP and build a powerstroke? Personally driving home has nothing to do with it, for years my truck could be driven on the street, but the reason it saw a trailer was for the fact that I needed to get home that night if the fluke thing happened, like driveline breakage, turbo gave up the ghost etc, etc. Most of the time when that really low HP truck puts the hurt on the high HP trucks is cause the track is crap, and the high HP guys are unable to get the tires to hook up.

Heres a question for you guys what is it worth? Lets start simple, an ecm that cuts out the defuel and would give us 100% fuel to say 4000 rpms thats it what the dollar amount you would be willing to spend?

Back