Hey There Everybody

yea its a piece of junk. i hate it so much. I snapped the TV cable too so i have to manually shift it if i want to go relatively fast.

You won't have proper line pressure if your tv cable is broke. You may be doing tranny work sooner than you think. Hahaha. I know the feeling that you have about the trans. That's why I built mine and put a better convert in it. Which ever way you decide to go you'll really like the results. Reminds me of my truck when I first got it. Truck looks mean!

I'd wire it to 3/4 line pressure or else you'll probably burn up the trans very soon. I did this with a Dodge Dart once upon a time many years ago...

Cool looking truck! The inside picture with everything lit up makes me think of Christmas time.

Why swap to a NV4500 and not a Getrag360?

People like the NV more. They say they're more reliable. I've never driven nor put any miles on a 360 so I don't know what it's like. I know the NV is a tough trans but has horrible gear ratios. 3-4 is just freakin' horrible.

Just out of curiosity what's bad about the 3-4 gap? Is it too short? Or too big? I may be in the market for a newer truck here soon, and I plan on going with a standard trans.

People like the NV more. They say they're more reliable. I've never driven nor put any miles on a 360 so I don't know what it's like. I know the NV is a tough trans but has horrible gear ratios. 3-4 is just freakin' horrible.

Personally, the shifting mannerisms of a Getrag transmission is much smoother than any NV I have ever shifted. I do understand people run NV's for power and torque reasons, but for truck like the OP has, I'd be looking for a Getrag360. There are more people pulling them out than putting them in.

Just out of curiosity what's bad about the 3-4 gap? Is it too short? Or too big? I may be in the market for a newer truck here soon, and I plan on going with a standard trans.

In my experience on the Getrag360 and NV4500 the shift from 3rd to 4th is very "tall" so to speak. Even 2nd to 3rd is a good jump if you don't wrap it up. I guess that's why they came out with the 6spd.

I have driven a dual disked NV and a single disk G360. The 2nd to 3rd jump is bad in the G360 while the 3rd to 4th jump is bad in the NV.

Now I cannot say anything about the shifting because that DD NV4500 was a fricken bear.

I put a dual disk in mine and it shifts pretty good. A little tougher than factory and the clutch pedal pressure barely increased. I actually do think I did something wrong on the install It definitely doesn't act like a dual disk clutch, it is only a 3250# though.

updated pics with the new mirrors

20120821_0410.jpg

20120821_0408.jpg

20120819_0402.jpg

Couple updates on this thing, i got crossover steering, which is 100x better. However, i also blew the headgasket. I was going to sell it, but i decided to do a complete rebuild on the engine. Its almost pulled, everything should be out tomorrow. I will post some pictures during and after the rebuild. For now, just a few updated pictures

snowyness2.jpg

snowcopy.jpg

badbones-1.jpg

what im thinking of doing-

uhhh.jpg

and a quick video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgKuQI3STZw"]Cummins Cold Start - YouTube[/ame]

Back