Impact Wrench

My Aircat trigger is touchy, it doesn't do part throttle well. They are priced well, have decent power, and its still going strong after 6 years of daily use. I still prefer my Snappy or IR over it though.

I picked up an ir titanium off Craigslist for $50. Used it every day for 2 years now. Aircat nitro is also a nice gun. The only thing my gun hasn't been able to get that a mg725 did was an axle locknut on a semi. It was using a cookie cutter socket, but since the axle was off the truck and on jack stands it was the only way to do it.

I have IR ti guns , and air cat nitro's . The air cats never get used , they never had the power of the IR guns . I sent em back in and was told they were fine . Snap on impacts are junk had tons of those over the years and gave all of the away,Al noise no power .IR is the best impact for the money. The 18 volt snap on is pretty good for cordless , also have all the Milwaukee fuel impacts and they are pretty awesome for battery tools , no hoses to trip over,wind up,or drag over fenders.I catch the guys using them for heavy work because they are so handy,and have to remind them to use air ones instead ,

I have IR ti guns , and air cat nitro's . The air cats never get used , they never had the power of the IR guns . I sent em back in and was told they were fine . Snap on impacts are junk had tons of those over the years and gave all of the away,Al noise no power .IR is the best impact for the money. The 18 volt snap on is pretty good for cordless , also have all the Milwaukee fuel impacts and they are pretty awesome for battery tools , no hoses to trip over,wind up,or drag over fenders.I catch the guys using them for heavy work because they are so handy,and have to remind them to use air ones instead ,

Thank you. I can't stand the snap on battery tools (still selling nicad batteries on $300+ tools really?!) or their air tools to be honest. They are good but not great by any means and definitely not priced well. We have all IR tools and they hold up pretty well considering they tear apart rusty old concrete covered trucks daily.

I also have a Snapon mg725 and its does good. I bought it as a 2 week old repo or I probalbly would have bought an aircat. I have the Snapon 3/8 gun too and haven't seen another 3/8 gun compare. I have the lithium battery Snapon guns too and use the 3/8" quite a bit but the 1/2" is too bulky and heavy to carry all the time.

Well after a couple of days of research I ended up with an aircat 1150. I just couldn't find a bad review against it and the ir 2135ti and for the price I couldn't justify the extra cost of the IR. It'll get put to use tomorrow when I tear the front and rear end apart on my car tomorrow.

How long have you had your Snappy running those pressures?

Chris

I've had it going on 2 years now I use my half inch gun everyday knock on wood haven't had it rebuilt yet. I also got snappy 3/8 and 3/4 air guns and the 3/8 and 1/2 lithium I've been very impressed by them well worth the money in my opinion

I have to rebuild my snap on twice a year running it at 165psi...and we use it daily.

$179 twice a year is ridiculous for rebuilding a $650 impact.
Chris

I have to rebuild my snap on twice a year running it at 165psi...and we use it daily.

$179 twice a year is ridiculous for rebuilding a $650 impact.
Chris

Do you rebuild it or send it off? Also would you have to have it rebuilt if you ran what they rated them for at 90? I've had both mine for 4 years now only had them rebuilt because warranty was about up.

I love this impact. Trigger is a little touchy but not to bad. It's made ripping the rear end of the car out a pleasure. Well, as much of a pleasure as it can be.

I have this Cornwell.
10-8-10022.jpg

Looks like similar specs/pricing to the aircat.

I have yet to put this on something that it won't either break loose or snap off; granted, I don't make my living with it.

Do you rebuild it or send it off? Also would you have to have it rebuilt if you ran what they rated them for at 90? I've had both mine for 4 years now only had them rebuilt because warranty was about up.

Snap On rebuilds. I have 2 and pretty much rotate them on and off the truck.

I'm sure if we backed out air down, they would last....but I have been running the same Mac, Aircats, and IR's on the same air for years with no problems....Only the Snap On's **** the bed.

Problem is they are bad SOB's, so I need to keep them around for the tough stuff.

Chris

Snap On rebuilds. I have 2 and pretty much rotate them on and off the truck.

I'm sure if we backed out air down, they would last....but I have been running the same Mac, Aircats, and IR's on the same air for years with no problems....Only the Snap On's **** the bed.

Problem is they are bad SOB's, so I need to keep them around for the tough stuff.

Chris

ive heard of guys having trouble with theirs needing rebuilt all the time and not lasting. knock on wood ive gotten lucky so far

Finally found a bolt the aircat wouldn't break. Took a 36" breaker bar and all of my strength to get it to break. I'll allow that one. That bolt was a *****.

IR titanium all the way. Bought a 3/4" drive used and it is perfect for axle nuts. The 1/2" drive is good for everything else. With a good sized line feeding it there is nothing it won't take off aside from axle nuts. LOL.

I have a Snap On. I forget the series. Heavy unit, lots of bark though. Expensive up front, but worth the money if you can swing it.

I was lucky, my dealer was really good with payments.

What did you end up gettin?

Back