3.0 Class for NADM

2Tone12V

So Sleddy said a 3.0 class will be put into play for 2010 IF 12 pre registered points pullers are signed up early. I personally want to see this and think it will also make for bigger shows for the fans. I will definately do this. With all the true 3.0 trucks out there pulling unlimited single. I think this will pass pretty easy. So who is interested? Chalk me up for #1. 11 to go!

I dont see what the big deal is with leaving the class the way it is. i mean you can only spin a charger that is so big without going to twins

We (DESTROKED) don't have a proplem running a 3.0 in that class not everytime the larger single's or the twin don't domanate.But then again if there is only a couple of twin truck and only a couple of unlimited single the ? is would they gain more trucks by going to just 3.0.

Dale

I see it both ways. I myself have no problem pulling unlimited single with a 3.0 charger. But I just think if it were a 3.0 there would be more trucks. I mean the trucks like Rod Tarr, Kevin Cole, etc that run a 3.0 are probably going to be your front runners in that class anyhow if you ask me. But if they refuse to pull with those rules then at some point someone has to give a bit. And I think going 3.0 will be in the benefit of the diesel world and NADM.

Joe, not dropping or changing SS.(there better be more than 2 at Springfield, though!!!)

I've told Brad Ingram for YEARS to show me the trucks, names and numbers and we'll run a class. I have yet to see anything.

They just dont leave their home points series.

Is this going to be another class added to the Bill. If it is just going to be another class added then " NO " i dont think it should be added unless 1 of the other classes is dropped and im not sure how i feel about it instead of the current rules. I myself would rather run the unlimited/3.2 twin classes but thats just me. But i run what ever rules thye come up with.

I think whats going to happen is there will be several classesoffered, but not all run at each event. An example of this is July 11th in Goshen, Ohio. 2.6 and SS only.

I've been doing this for awhile with Mods. If I can't get 4 telling me their are coming, I'll drop the class, or pay an exhibition fee if they want a hook.

Sled pulling in this economy, things change.

Or we will see what class dies out. This year, 2.8 and SS has had a terrible showing.

Joe, not dropping or changing SS.(there better be more than 2 at Springfield, though!!!)

I've told Brad Ingram for YEARS to show me the trucks, names and numbers and we'll run a class. I have yet to see anything.

They just dont leave their home points series.

Yep and thats dumb. Basically because of the turbo rule. When most of those 3.0 trucks (Tarr, Ingram, Kusilek, Cole, etc...) are going to be the front runners in the class anyhow. I myself would love to be able to say I went into an unlimited single class with a 3.0 charger and won. Losing is part of it. But winning one time on a bigger stage makes it well worth. But thats just me.

ya but unlimited single and 3.0 arent that far apart i mean you really cant run that big of a single and be competitive it just doesnt work.

I agree. Its an all or nothing when you get into those 3.6 chargers and things. Lots harder to be consistent. I'm just looking at a way to get everyone back at the events again like it used to be. I personally would pull both classes if both were available.

Yep and thats dumb. Basically because of the turbo rule. .

Not so, After I left DHRA,they offered a 3.0 class, no turnout.
My feeling is, if you want a decent purse with different venues, large new crowds, you pull in the class that best fits your truck, and when your numbers are good, you ask for a seperate class.
Build it and then we'll come doesn't fly from past experience.

Its going to be a $1000 to win SS in Springfield Jamboree, who wants it?

The problem is right now alot of people dont have the cash to travel half way across the country. I know i dont. Plan was to run most if not all NADM SS hooks this year but just not enough cash to get me there and home and i think you will find most people are that way. Why travel 13-14 hours for 500-600 to win when you can run 2 hours away for 150 -200 to win or in the case of Ill. 3.0 600 to win. Thats a no brainer to me, i wouldnt leave the state either, not to mention the points fund.

Now with that said if NADM would like to kick in some fuel money like they do in PPL's Grand American or if you travel over a certain distance then i would strongly consider commiting to all SS hooks or if the new 3.0 is put in that class. I think PPL pays $200 per vehicle. just a thought to get more trucks to show.$.02

Last edited:
I would love to do that, but there is a limit to purse funds.

What PPL charges promoters AND their competitors, and what NADM charges are a bit different.

I would rather be able to do this without raising hook fees and membership fees.

What does PPL and NTPA charge for hook and membership? What about ITPA, Badger? Maybe we should average all of them and charge accordingly??

I have a buddy that pulls PPL. He pulls a Limited Pro Stock tractor. His membership fee is $425 each year and I believe he said it was $30 to hook at each event.

Not so, After I left DHRA,they offered a 3.0 class, no turnout.
My feeling is, if you want a decent purse with different venues, large new crowds, you pull in the class that best fits your truck, and when your numbers are good, you ask for a seperate class.
Build it and then we'll come doesn't fly from past experience.

Its going to be a $1000 to win SS in Springfield Jamboree, who wants it?

Boy Gene if I learn to drive my truck like Dave does I might just take that $1000

Or we will see what class dies out. This year, 2.8 and SS has had a terrible showing.

I think from a national level you have a tough job of trying to get trucks to come out on a regular basis. Most pullers build their trucks to pull on a local level then they may graduate to a national level for a few events but running 10 - 12 hours from home to pull is a very big commitment. It is limited to business owners and the young. Most guys in their mid 30's have kids or a job that just doesn't let them run all over. So these guys commit to the local clubs first. Then you have the problem like what happened in Jefferson this year. The local club had their pull on the night before the NADM event and then they had an event several hours away in a different town. Is it feasible to work with the local clubs and co-sponsor the event? Think of how the pull would have gone if you could of had all the Badger Trucks there for the event! Maybe have the Badger Class pull first for their points and then let them all jump into whatever class they fit into later for the NADM event.

Is it feasible to work with the local clubs and co-sponsor the event? Think of how the pull would have gone if you could of had all the Badger Trucks there for the event! Maybe have the Badger Class pull first for their points and then let them all jump into whatever class they fit into later for the NADM event.

I think this is a great Idea.

Back