3.0 Class for NADM

We have been doing just that all over. Among other things. The trouble is, in Wis, we dont do Friday nights, and they have another pull on Saturday.

How many trucks did Badger have Saturday night? I know we still had several.

We have been doing just that all over. Among other things. The trouble is, in Wis, we dont do Friday nights, and they have another pull on Saturday.

How many trucks did Badger have Saturday night? I know we still had several.

I counted 12 on their results page.

IMO comiingfrom a fans perspective, a Pure 3.0 class is by far my favorite!

Ya Mods are cool, but maybe they have lost their luster because i see them a lot. 3.0's are always changing and more people getting in, all kinds of different set ups, differences in trucks. Its just plain cool!

The 3.0 class needs to be reinstated. You have ITPA in Illinois that is awesome and 2.8 in ITPA in Indiana but you didn't want to listen to the rules and what we were doing. If you would of listened to what we were telling you, you would of had 12-15 of the top trucks pretty much every where you went. You (NADM) chose another route and forced us (ITPA) to stay our course. I think this is the reason none of the Illinois (ITPA) truck are showing up either.

These trucks are hard on parts and people seem to just want to let it be a free for all. We CAN NOT keep these trucks together and put on a good show but everyone just seems to want to see carnage. With the economy the way it is, we needed to keep these trucks in check for a year and see how it goes. I have only talked with a couple of people in the Illinois ITPA so we can align out rules with their 3.0 class for next year if needed.

You can bash me all you want but it seems the only one listening these days is Rick from Dave's diesel who wants to get the good trucks and have a great show. (Just my opinion from seeing what went on this year at meetings)

Ric,
As usual, you have your opinion based on facts, but not quite what really happened.

NADM has NEVER had a 3.0 class, so we can't "reinstate" it.

Our rules were already done and printed, when you said you wanted to run them except we needed to change a few things- too late, maybe next year,if the rest of the country thinks its a good idea.

We don't FORCE anyone to do anything. Our 5 classes cover just about every truck in the country. If we follow you or someone else, we will lock trucks out, because quite frankly, a lot of clubs rules are designed to EXCLUDE trucks not include.
Show me our 2.8 rules that locks you guys out, or the SS rule that locks the Illinois pullers out.
NADM rules have to travel, we dont have the option of making a county class, like you guys.

The Illinois class only leaves their points pulls for big events, period. I don't blame them, but it is foolish for me to believe they will travel, if I change a turbo rule.

I didn't know Rick from Daves Diesel was a sanctioning body now?

When I said reinstated....I guess I should have said from the start. The 3.0 trucks in Illinois and other places are still making advances but why would they come to a pull and be out gunned by twins and unlimited singles. Even though they still may win why would they take the chance. From the truck count I have seen, you allowed a couple of trucks to dictate the class rules? (just my perceptions!)

You allowed water to air intercoolers because you have a couple of guys who don't know how to tune or set up their trucks. The 2.8 class is one of the most competative classes and would still grow but there is concern what is going to be allowed next year. The 2.6 and 2.8 class need to be fuel only and no other additives period. The idea of the Illinois and the Indiana classes were to stack 10-15 trucks with in 5 feet of each other and that is what's happening. The trucks are staying together right now (mechanically) but barely and the crowd loves it.

Yes, Rick (Daves Diesel) has been putting on some pulls and listening to what we (pullers) suggest and he is having good turn outs. I'm just giving you suggestions as to what works here. We added a rule to not allow the 14mm P pump or the 3.4 CP3 to keep a handle on what you can do to the fuel system. If you don't, the guy with the most money will win because he can pay someone like Sheid, Haisley's, Burkhard, or myself to build them a turn key truck that they can win without every going through the learning curve that most of us have to.

When I said reinstated....I guess I should have said from the start. The 3.0 trucks in Illinois and other places are still making advances but why would they come to a pull and be out gunned by twins and unlimited singles. Even though they still may win why would they take the chance. From the truck count I have seen, you allowed a couple of trucks to dictate the class rules? (just my perceptions!)

You allowed water to air intercoolers because you have a couple of guys who don't know how to tune or set up their trucks. The 2.8 class is one of the most competative classes and would still grow but there is concern what is going to be allowed next year. The 2.6 and 2.8 class need to be fuel only and no other additives period. The idea of the Illinois and the Indiana classes were to stack 10-15 trucks with in 5 feet of each other and that is what's happening. The trucks are staying together right now (mechanically) but barely and the crowd loves it.

Yes, Rick (Daves Diesel) has been putting on some pulls and listening to what we (pullers) suggest and he is having good turn outs. I'm just giving you suggestions as to what works here. We added a rule to not allow the 14mm P pump or the 3.4 CP3 to keep a handle on what you can do to the fuel system. If you don't, the guy with the most money will win because he can pay someone like Sheid, Haisley's, Burkhard, or myself to build them a turn key truck that they can win without every going through the learning curve that most of us have to.

I disagree I payed a fortune to have my truck done and I still dont win:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Badger doesent have any problems with the rules, that you seem to think screw up the NADM so much. Also the last time I checked water-air intercoolers, didnt actually inject water into the engine, but things maybe different in your neck of the woods...

Well let me give my perception.

The trucks that pull SS have never asked for a rule change, or to keep them the way they are. However those same few trucks, actually show up and hook. Something the 3.0 trucks have never done, for the reasons I have stated above, and elsewhere. Bird in the hand/bush scenario, eh?

I watched DHRA drop the SS and give the Illi 3.0 boys what they wanted, last year. How did that work out? 2 trucks, 3?

Until I have reasonable commitments for a 3.0 class the SS will stay the way it is, which is a broad class that can handle twinned street trucks, and unlimited drivetrain trucks on DOTs without going to MOD class, and is several state friendly, not just Indiana and Illinois. Nobody else wants to run 3.0 stuff. If they did, we would have changed or added it long ago.

Show me the numbers!!

IMHO, the 2.8 bushed should go to 3.0. But the stock drivetrain non water guys will scream NOOOO! on that one.

As far as listening to pullers, I do. ALL of them, not just the top trucks from Indiana and Illinois.
I also listen to the fans, the promoters, the sponsors, and even the dragracers.:bang

We added a rule to not allow the 14mm P pump or the 3.4 CP3 to keep a handle on what you can do to the fuel system. If you don't, the guy with the most money will win because he can pay someone like Sheid, Haisley's, Burkhard, or myself to build them a turn key truck that they can win without every going through the learning curve that most of us have to.

So, you limited the class from a14 MM to a 13MM(keep in mind13 is more fuel than 99.9% of all the trucks under MOD can handle)

And THIS rule will prevent money bags from buying a complete truck from Scheids or Haisley and beating the Smith Diesel trucks?
That entire paragraph amazes me Ric, do you really believe that!??!?!

Sleddy's pulling rule #4658:

No matter how many rules you put in place, the guy with the most money will find a way to win.

And who decides how much money is too much spent on something?

Learning curve? Last I checked NADMs checks will cash for a rookie or a 10 year veteran, the same.

TAZMAN10, nothing you said made much sense to me. Other than a little whining cause its not the way YOU want it. I like the part of "3.0 guys may be gunned out. Even though they may win they arent taking that chance" So keep it on the trailer. Losing is part of it. Remember, the guys you are talking about, ARE the guys without unlimited funds. Buy another turbo and swap them out if you think it makes that big of a difference. I personally think the 3.0 turbos will run just fine with unlimited singles.

Back