Old ugly with 6.7.

That's impressive. Now you said tow with that. Can you honestly hook up to a trailer and pull a decent load?

I can't tow at full throttle, but hooking up to 6-8K I can tow in the hills and stay well below 1000. That's as much as I ever to tow. I live at 600ft and have towed up to around 3000. I'm sure 15k at 8000 ft would be more difficult. But then, I don't ever do that. Cruising along I5 to Redding yesterday at 70(72.5 on the speedo) I ran 625 deg on the flats and never went over 800 in od with the converter locked on any of the modest grades. I made a hard pull on the way home in OD with the converter locked and saw 45psi from the new primary and about 68psi total. EGT's were well under 1400 at about 120 or so. Looking forward to trying the new intercooler.

Last edited:
I decided it was time to take the truck to the track , so I spent some time double checking things and my son and I headed to Sacramento Raceway. Got down there and got my son all set up with the video camera, zip tied the tv cable back and headed to tech. I forgot my sweat pants(wearing shorts). Got stuff loaded back up and headed home. Looks like I'll try again next week if I have time.

I decided it was time to take the truck to the track , so I spent some time double checking things and my son and I headed to Sacramento Raceway. Got down there and got my son all set up with the video camera, zip tied the tv cable back and headed to tech. I forgot my sweat pants(wearing shorts). Got stuff loaded back up and headed home. Looks like I'll try again next week if I have time.

I have done that exact same thing, I feel for you. Drove for an hour to go to a Friday night street legal event, was wearing shorts, didn't even think about pants. Got to tech, and they said "No".

Hopefully it goes well when you actually make it down the track.

The whole Wednesday thing looks like the way to go. There were quite a few cars there, but it was mostly japanese stuff and they were moving through the lines very quickly.

The whole Wednesday thing looks like the way to go. There were quite a few cars there, but it was mostly japanese stuff and they were moving through the lines very quickly.

Now that you've scouted, you need to take a dedicated cameraman, and catch every run.

It's a 15 left cut from Goerend.
I filled up today and with 3 dyno runs and 2 full throttle roll ons to warp 1.3 I got 20.2mph on the Redding trip. This thing may eventually grow on me.:hehe:

After 4 years I finally spelled something wrong.:rolleyes:

Talked Chris into making a pass with my truck yesterday at the truck drags in Sacramento. Went 10.91 @ 129 with a 1.8 60ft. Didn't break anything, so that was a plus.

RonA

Back