Old ugly with 6.7.

Wow...great job. I watched the start of that video 2 dozen times. I love the launch...the driver isn't bad either!

Congrats,

Eric

Congrats Ron. That truck has 9's in it with some better traction. Did they kick your truck off the track for no cage?

Chris.

Smoke free power... Haha either way that thing is awesome

I hated seeing all the smoke on video. It really does run pretty clean daily driving. The line supplying pressure to hold the exhaust manifolds wastegate closed blew off at some point so the secondary was probably feeling a bit left out of the loop.
Chris did a good job of keeping it pointed in the right direction. It was a 7psi launch and probably would do better at about 10 or 12 if it had better tires and some chassis work. It didn't get kicked off, but a 10 second run was the goal so it only made 1 pass. The first run ever was a 12.2 and it's 11th run was 10.91.

Smokey.. Clean it up.

I bought enough carbon credits to last through the end of the year, then I'll change my programmer to #3 for timing, and #2 for smoke and then re-boot the system. Wouldn't want to blow a gasket or anything would we?

Watching the HD video from the camera I can see that the wastegate was open when it cleared the center island(don't know how far out that is) and then the smoke starts to clear and then goes black.That's probably where the line poped off. MPH is a bit slow for the hp level too. I guess another run will be in order. Would be nice to see 130-131 like it should be.

We are borrowing a frame jig next week and getting started on the new host. I was going to wait till I could afford a complete rolling chassis, and then modify it, but this may be better because I can add a bit more bulk to it from the start to handle the difference in driveline weight.

Picked up a load of firewood this morning. Normal egts at 62-65mph on the flats is around 600-625. Withe the empty trailer it was 700. With the loaded trailer it was around 725. I have one place where I have to stop and turn left up a grade and there is a sign at the top that is about 75 ft more than 1/4 mile from the turn. By shifting from 1st to second, tc lock, 3rd unlocked, 3rd locked, I was able to reach 60mph at the sign and hold a steady 900deg on the pyrometer the whole time. All in all it doesn't tow that bad.
The only difference between the way the truck was set up today for towing and the way it ran 10.91 at Sac is I added 10 psi more air to the tires this morning.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Picked up another load of firewood on Sunday and got a chance to trailer race for the first time. My little gooseneck was empty and i raced a 2nd gen gasser with a small utility(just right for a quad) trailer. Mine weighs about 2500lbs or so and it's amazing how much it slows down the truck to have it behind. I pulled out in the other lane at just over 50 and pulled back into the right lane at somewhere between 115-120. It almost hit 1400 degrees just as i rolled out of it. His trailer was small and looked empty, but he seemed to have difficulty keeping up. :hehe: I might have to get with jason and give that trailer pull on the dry lake a try.
I filled up on the way over and topped off when i got back. Going over pulling the empty trailer, and pulling 2 cords back on valley roads(fairly flat), I got 14.88mpg.

Last edited:
That's just awesome!!

Glad to see it in DP btw!!

If I had the money I'd love to make you an offer on that... I LOVE a sleeper!! :)

Back