Who's running a Batmo charger & What are you feelings on it?

CR From Hell

Never Satisfied
I don't want to come out and just bash anybody as of yet, but I had a brand new 475/87/1.0 Batmo fail on me with about 5-6 minutes of run time, and I just want to hear other's opinions on the Batmo. Please include information on your truck and what you use it for.

My truck is a 2005 Dodge Ram QCSB 4x4 that was built as a single pump, single turbo street truck that I could "DD" around base and take to the track on the weekends. My goal was to run in the 11's. Smarty TNT-R tuning, 100% Exergy injectors, Pushrods, Valvesprings, ARP 625's, Goerend Tranny w/ billet shafts, 120% Industrial Injection CP3, & Stainless Exhaust Manifold. All parts were professionally installed by a very reputable name in the diesel industry.

The day I went to pick the truck up, the batteries were dead so I grabbed one threw it in and we fired the truck up. This was the first time the truck had been fired up with the Batmo on. We let it sit and & idle for 5 minutes and checked for leaks. No leaks so we jumped in for a test drive. Got down the road about a 1/4 mile, started to build boost (20-25 PSI) and the truck fell flat on it's face. We pulled over thinking it was a boot that came off. Unfortunately we came to discover the bearings had failed and the compressor wheel had made contact with the cover. We couldn't tell at the time but the turbine wheel also made contact and chipped the tips of it's blades off as well. So basically the turbo was junk. Call me crazy but it should last longer than 1/4 mile right? Any input would be appreciated!

Was the charger preoiled? Good oil flow? I had a similar problem with a standard billet after one hook. Bullseye took care of it. There good people

Was the charger preoiled? Good oil flow? I had a similar problem with a standard billet after one hook. Bullseye took care of it. There good people

Yes it was preoiled and had the proper supply line run to it. It was getting oil for sure. By took care of it do you mean they swaped it out no charge?

Last edited:
Sounds like a freak deal to me as well, I am on my second Bullseye Batmowheel charger and I can say nothing but good.

A few pictures...

Attachments

• Batmo & Turbine Wheel.jpg
    Batmo & Turbine Wheel.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Batmo 1-Resize.jpg
    Batmo 1-Resize.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Batmo 2 Resize.jpg
    Batmo 2 Resize.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
I had some bad luck with one. Catastrophic shaft failure at full song in less than 300 miles. However, BEP did end up making it right- only after some quite lengthy conversations with Bill. Now- if only they would've volunteered to help rebuild my hurt motor that ate the leftovers... :doh:

I hope they see fit to take care of you.

Freak deal - dont write it off just yet. Good luck

I really don't want to but I'm not getting much help? They want about half the original cost for a rebuild but I'm in the Army...that's like 2/3's my monthly income? I was hoping for a 1 for 1 swap.

I had some bad luck with one. Catastrophic shaft failure at full song in less than 300 miles. However, BEP did end up making it right- only after some quite lengthy conversations with Bill. Now- if only they would've volunteered to help rebuild my hurt motor that ate the leftovers... :doh:

I hope they see fit to take care of you.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about yours. I always try to look at things "glass half full" and I'm lucky my motor didn't eat the wheel? I'm glad to hear they took care of you on the turbo though.

About the 10th one ive seen fail like that and with barely any run time as well. Customer of mine just went Garrett after blowing up a S475 batmo after just one pass.

I'm running triple batmos on my Iphone sled pull game. BUT, I would NOT run one in my truck. I've heard too many bad stories in a short period of time.

About the 10th one ive seen fail like that and with barely any run time as well. Customer of mine just went Garrett after blowing up a S475 batmo after just one pass.

I figured I wasn't the only one? That just sucks. Did Bullseye offer to help your customer out? After talking to Jose at Forced Induction I'm sold on a GTX 4202, I just couldn't swing the $$ this time around.

Im glad I didnt swap my htt66 for a batmo. I have 80,000 on my turbo and still does good for me. Must suck to have it mess up in 5min. Good luck

Im glad I didnt swap my htt66 for a batmo. I have 80,000 on my turbo and still does good for me. Must suck to have it mess up in 5min. Good luck

I'm in the same boat, I have an HTT sledpuller66 that I have about 90k on and not a lick of issues (the old style with no 3rd gen elbow), but I always hear about these new-fangled turbos and wonder if I should upgrade yet

I'm in the same boat, I have an HTT sledpuller66 that I have about 90k on and not a lick of issues (the old style with no 3rd gen elbow), but I always hear about these new-fangled turbos and wonder if I should upgrade yet

Hell if it's working for you run it til she's dead. I had a Phat Shaft 62/80 on my previous CR and I never had a lick of trouble out of it. Towed, raced it, in general never really ever gave it a chance at a healthy life and it lived well over 75k. Guy who bought the truck is still running it...they just don't make them like they used to? haha

After getting a few PM's and talking with other manufacturers and vendors there seems to be some agreement that these wheels are not balanced to the tolerance that they should be. This in turn causes premature bearing failure, and other subsequent failures? Not saying that's necessarily what got mine but would like to know everybody's thoughts on that.

Back