Who's running a Batmo charger & What are you feelings on it?

After getting a few PM's and talking with other manufacturers and vendors there seems to be some agreement that these wheels are not balanced to the tolerance that they should be. This in turn causes premature bearing failure, and other subsequent failures? Not saying that's necessarily what got mine but would like to know everybody's thoughts on that.

I agree 100% with them. My local builder spent three days trying to get the assembly to Zero!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, I have an HTT sledpuller66 that I have about 90k on and not a lick of issues (the old style with no 3rd gen elbow), but I always hear about these new-fangled turbos and wonder if I should upgrade yet

Damn, Tommy. If you're the same cat I knew from the TDR, that charger has got to be pushing 8 years old!

My truck has had 5 different turbos under the hood since then. Satisfied much? LOL Glad she's still spinning your grins, you've definitely gotten your money out of it.

If it turns out that the turbo failed so fast due to an out of balance wheel, the manufacturer needs to get you a new turbo at no cost.

Chances are that's why it failed...getting them to admit it and pony up a new charger is gonna be the hard part.

Check into fleece performance engineering. I've heard nothing but good with their turbos. Good people too.

Chances are that's why it failed...getting them to admit it and pony up a new charger is gonna be the hard part.

Their official stance is "oil related failure", more of a blanket excuse if you ask me? While I can see that as an option I do NOT believe that was the reason for the failure. The turbo was installed by a professional, it was getting oil and plenty of it. But you're right, I have all but lost the fight on getting them to admit it. No replacement in future...

Good to know. Was wondering how well they had been doing. I'll never buy one now.

Check into fleece performance engineering. I've heard nothing but good with their turbos. Good people too.

Ended up going with Jose at Forced Induction this time around because all I could afford is a BW box unit, but I appreciate the advice. I will give them a call when it's time for a new charger.

I had been considering one of these for a primary. Maybe I'll put it on pause for a while.

Couldnt he send the wheel to someone and have it spun to see if it was out of balance? Also if the bearings werent getting enough oil, wouldnt there be obvious wear?

Couldnt he send the wheel to someone and have it spun to see if it was out of balance? Also if the bearings werent getting enough oil, wouldnt there be obvious wear?

When I called I was told it was a low oil pressure failure, and I couldn't get them to accept any other possiblities such as bearing/shaft tolerances or a balancing issue? While I can see one spot on the shaft that does have some bluing and marks, possibly from low oil, I still don't think it was the root cause? Problem is I have no concrete proof either way and speculation doesn't get you anywhere.

I had been considering one of these for a primary. Maybe I'll put it on pause for a while.

Like I said, I don't want to bash anybody. I just wanted some opinions on others that have used these turbos, and opinions on my failure. But I can say for certain this has been a financially painful lesson. Just my $.02

Here is a great buy for a replacement Turbo..

Must be an error.. I almost ordered one to see what would happen.

S400-75mm T6

I'd hammer their asses on every forum I could find if they won't work with you. They hit you in the wallet...hit them in theirs.

Tried it! Worst that can happen is they catch it and cancel the order, they can't take more out of your amount without notification to you, the invoice is what you agreed on

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back